PDA

View Full Version : CD Burning Software

ScottyP431
05-29-2005, 06:53 PM
What do y'all use to burn cd's? I use nero now, but i dont really like it. Specifically im looking for something that can like mix the songs together if possible, any suggestions?

pryor15
05-29-2005, 07:00 PM
as in mash, or as in making a mix cd?

there's a big difference

ScottyP431
05-29-2005, 07:21 PM
mix cd's, i just want it to go like smoothly/seamlessly from song to song sounding as good as possible

Cry Me A River
05-29-2005, 10:00 PM
This isn't really an issue with the burning software, I've never seen any that will do this and I doubt there are any that will (Mind you, I've never sought out this feature before so I could be wrong here).

You should realise, however, that there is a reason CD's are setup the way they are. The only way to make the songs run seamlessly into each other is to stitch them together make them into one big song. This will mean you will have to manually fast foreward through (a) song(s) if you want to get to the next one(s) rather than skipping through tracks - The CD will really only be one track.

What you will probably have to do is use some audio editing software to create one big-ass .wav file with all the songs one after another and then burn it as a single track.

ScottyP431
05-29-2005, 11:42 PM
Yea i normally use like acid to make one big song. Recently though i stole a cd from my friend that his gf made and there was no space in between the songs. She said her program would mix them together, but she didnt know the name, so i was sol.

When you buy a CD like the Annual there are individual tracks but it sounds like there is no space in between the songs, so i was just wondering if you could get software that did that

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Yes, you can do this, but the software is expensive if you can't get a pirated copy. Look for Soundforge or... [censored] I forgot the other one. I'm tired. Anyway, they're way overkill for what your needs are, but they'll do the job.