PDA

View Full Version : JJ on a 365 flop with 2 opponents calling two bets cold.

A_C_Slater
05-29-2005, 06:27 PM
Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Reads: SB is tight passive. BB is unknown. Button is a "any two suited" donk.

Preflop: AC is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">AC raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">AC raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">AC bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, AC folds, Button calls.

I have to bet this turn to charge flush and straight draws, right?

LoaferGee12
05-29-2005, 06:30 PM
And because you have no reason to believe you are behind. Hand looks fine to me.

Bodhi
05-29-2005, 07:33 PM
Bet the turn to charge flush and straight draws? I guess so, but I think you should bet because you are likely still ahead (which is a much more important reason).

Shillx
05-29-2005, 08:32 PM
This hand looks good. I tend to instamuck against this line in low limit games since it is how poor people play big hands (that or the old check/call - check/raise play). When he check/raises you in a protected pot on 4th street, you need to have the goods to play on, or at least some kind of hidden out draw in case he made kings and sixes or sixes and fives or whatever.

Brad

A_C_Slater
05-29-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This hand looks good. I tend to instamuck against this line in low limit games since it is how poor people play big hands (that or the old check/call - check/raise play). When he check/raises you in a protected pot on 4th street, you need to have the goods to play on, or at least some kind of hidden out draw in case he made kings and sixes or sixes and fives or whatever.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

BB was slowplaying his flopped straight and button was slowplaying his flopped top set.

Silly monkies. BB could have made so much more $ .

Mister Z
05-29-2005, 08:49 PM
I'll take a grunch at this one..

I see no reason not to bet this turn. BB has represented nothing but maybe a 6 or a draw so far. Obviously the turn C/R makes it an easy fold. I wouldn't worry too much about SB or the button as it seems like they are chasing or hoping to hit a lucky 2-pair on the turn or river.

MDO67
05-29-2005, 09:30 PM
I can understand the guy staying in against your raise if he had a small or mid-pair (although I would have folded it). So he picks up the set and plays it. BUT I don't see the BB staying in against the raise with what amounts to trash. Were his hole cards at least suited?

The biggest leak in my game is the inability to read the other possible hands out there. I would have lost a ton on this hand.

- Mark

Duerig
05-29-2005, 11:39 PM
You do have to bet the turn, because you probably ahead. Nice hand.