PDA

View Full Version : KK...should I find a fold?

BlindingLaser
05-29-2005, 06:11 PM
New to Table is just that, sat down less than an orbit ago. TAG is 17/9/2.5 for 120 hands. Should I find a fold? I figure the TAG could be on JJ-AA, AKh, and new guy probably has a flush draw.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 (New to Table) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB (TAG) caps</font>, MP1 (New to Table) calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.66 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">TAG bets</font>, New to Table calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">TAG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">New to Table caps</font>, Hero calls, TAG calls.

Turn: (12.83 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">TAG bets</font>, New to Table calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.83 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">TAG bets</font>, New to Table folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.83 BB

SinCityGuy
05-29-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I find a fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell no.

Buck_65
05-29-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Should I find a fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, this was the exact response I was going to post as soon as I read the hand. Looks like I need to come up with some new material...

SoBeDude
05-30-2005, 10:36 AM
Given the title, I'm guessing you lost the hand.

if TAG beat you here with AA, he played them weakly. He really should be popping you on the turn. I think you played it perfectly, and folding would have never, ever entered my mind.

-Scott

DireWolf
05-30-2005, 11:31 AM
Maybe i should stay out of midhigh, But what hands other than QQ,KK,AA does Villan Coldcap preflop, leadout and 3bet the flop, Than lead out the turn hoping for it to get raised again by New To Table?

1800GAMBLER
05-30-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe i should stay out of midhigh, But what hands other than QQ,KK,AA does Villan Coldcap preflop, leadout and 3bet the flop, Than lead out the turn hoping for it to get raised again by New To Table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry about staying out of mid high stakes, worry about staying out of mid high forum untill the posters here can follow action.

I'm not too sure about folding against an unknown with decent stats. If you can elimate AQ from his range you can probably fold the turn.

AA QQ beat you, that's 9 comnbinations, and you only beat AKs that has played very aggressive and stupid. So if a player would play these the same, you win 1/10 and your showdown odds are 1/9. Given i don't think even half of the TAPs get this aggro with AKs that means you win 18:1 and it would be a very bad call.

However, i wouldn't find it extremely unlikely here to find JJ AQ which would make it an awful fold.

It's closer than 'hell no, don't fold' but i'd say call. This is a situation in which a little info would help a ton.

SpaceAce
05-30-2005, 02:47 PM
I call down after the flop action. I don't feel good about it, but I have a hard time getting off of KK, here. It's one of those situations where I want to fold but after the flop, the pot is so big that I am getting over 7:1 to call twice more.

Here's something no one has mentioned, so far: New to Table may not be New to TAG. Also, Hero didn't get in the last bet anywhere along the line so TAG might be underestimating the strength of Hero's hand.

Overall, I think it's looking pretty grim for KK but I want to see a showdown as long as it's only one more bet on each street.

SpaceAce

Ian J
05-30-2005, 04:05 PM
Good post 1800. I was thinking the same thing about it being really close but probably a call. I was shocked to see everyone saying hell no don't even think about folding. Are we ever ahead here vs. a 17/9/2.5 guy? Certainly not that often.

James282
05-30-2005, 04:19 PM
I just wanna say your handle rules, I didn't read the hand or anything.
-James

Subfallen
05-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Most people probably call this one down, but you're either splitting or losing. Especially since New-to-Table was on the flush draw.

surfdoc
05-30-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Given the title, I'm guessing you lost the hand.

if TAG beat you here with AA, he played them weakly. He really should be popping you on the turn. I think you played it perfectly, and folding would have never, ever entered my mind.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, what exactly was weak? He bet/raised at every opportunity.

SoBeDude
05-30-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the last 10 minutes, I've been in hands where villian has capped preflop with 44, 99, and TT.

-Scott