PDA

View Full Version : Live KQs-- did this hand play itself?

Ghazban
05-29-2005, 06:08 PM
Foxwoods 1/2 NL game. I have ~$160 to start the hand, villain 1 has ~$120, villain 2 has ~$135. My image is ridiculously tight due to not having any cards. Others have even mentioned that I've been very tight and I'm about the only one picking up just the blinds with my preflop raises. Both villains are unremarkable. Villain 2 is fairly solid (compared to most live 1/2 donks) and probably is a winning player in this game. Villain 1 tends to call too much (rather than raising for value or to knock out other hands), but isn't the type to call you down with bottom pair no kicker just to make sure you have it (I'm sure we've all seen those guys).

I am in LMP with KcQc. Villains 1 and 2 plus someone else limp, I make it $10 to go. Someone behind me calls, villains 1 and 2 also call, everyone else folds. 3 callers is extremely rare for one of my raises so I'm not sure what to make of things.

Flop Qd Qh 2d (pot ~$45)

Villain 1 bets $20 and villain 2 smooth calls. I think villain 1 either has the other queen or is trying to draw cheaply at diamonds. Villain 2 might have the other queen (obviously, if villain 1 doesn't), might have some other pocket pair or might be on a draw. Him calling this 1/2 pot bet tells me he likes his hand but wants to see what I'm going to do before committing a lot of chips (he could be trapping, he could be willing to fold if I show aggression).

I raise to $100 straight to give diamonds a bad price to draw and to state my commitment to the hand. I think my hand is good here as either villain would've raised AQ (rather than openlimping). If the one guy behind me has AQ, oh well, that's poker. He folds, villain 1 pushes, villain 2 pushes (so its something like $20 more to me to call, which of course, I do).

Comments appreciated. Results later if anybody cares. Feel free to make random guesses as to what villains had, too.

TexArcher
05-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Very well played, if they've got ducks or A Q so be it.

Did you get it?

kongo_totte
05-29-2005, 06:30 PM
Looks fine to me. Villian 1 has Q J, villian 2 has Ad Xd.

Ghazban
05-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Well, I ended up winning the hand but I was not a favorite when the money went in. However, I saw no other possible way I could play it (other than limping preflop and thereby having a smaller pot to manage for the flop). Generally, if I put the money in as a dog, I've done so due to a misplay or misread on my part. In this case, I just don't see any other options.

After I called, I turned to villain 2 and said "You have pocket two's don't you?" (he didn't answer). The turn was the Td and villain 1 showed Ad5d for the turned flush. The river brought the Kh, villain 2 showed his ducks full and I turned over my hand to show him my (rivered) queens full.

thestevo31
05-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Looks like you played it the best way you could have in the situation and got lucky on the river. Villain 1 really had no business going all in on a draw.