PDA

View Full Version : Commerce 10-20 NL

stankybank
05-29-2005, 05:57 PM
I'm sitting with ~$5500. The table thinks I'm tilting because I just lost a huge ~$8000 pot w/ nut straight against full house. I made a HUGE mistake and I should've never lost that much but whatever. On to this hand. BTW, the person I lost this big pot with isn't involved in this hand but the table is aware of it so I thought I'd mention it in case someone is curious.

I have K /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Bunch of limpers. I'm BB or UTG. Can't remember which but whatever. Let's say 3-5 limpers. Button makes it 50 total. I call. Everyone calls.

Flop is K /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet 40, planning to play this hand very fast. Fold to a pretty solid ABC type of player who makes it 240 total. I think he thinks I'm weak so he's trying to get it HU with me. Button makes it 420 total. Button and I have been clashing for about an hour now and let's just say that we're pretty aware of each other if you know what I mean. BTW, he's the PFR. I put him on a decent hand but he's sitting w/ ~2300 and I want it all somehow. I make it 420+1000.

Comments?

If he calls MY raise he has about $900 left and I'm willing to bet that amount blind before the turn even sheds.

Flame or praise away.

stankybank
05-29-2005, 06:01 PM
I bet that amount on the flop because I KNEW with about 99% accuracy that I would be raised. This is stated because of my table image at this particular time, the pot size, the action of this hand, the players involved, position, and gut instinct. Like I stated, I want to play this hand as fast as possible and get in as much money in the middle as early as possible.

Comments?

BluffTHIS!
05-29-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm BB or UTG. Can't remember which but whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

This matters because you shouldn't be playing this hand utg as it is a trouble hand even though suited. Regarding the actual hand, it is clear since there are 2 raisers that your top pair is no good and you are basically left with a flush draw only unless you think the 9 making you 2 pair would be a winner. I'm willing to bet one of them has a set, and since you don't know if you call or raise the button that the other player will call, you might not be getting odds to hit your flush. Thus I would fold. I don't mind playing such hands fast either on occasion, but not 3 way and usually not out of position.

chuddo
05-29-2005, 06:48 PM
always the slight possibility of original raiser having KQ and the min-raiser having red AA and looking for a reason to fold his hand.

anyway, if original raiser held a set he may have just called the initial bet, banking on the PFR raising your small bet, you calling, and then him jamming it hard.

if you are so keen on getting chippeys in the pot, then go ahead and jam them in there, as they are better off going in on the flop then on the turn if you are looking to gambool.

joel2006
05-29-2005, 09:38 PM
If you are UTG, then you are def tilting playing this hand. If you are BB, the bet isn't bad to find out where you are, but you don't have odds to draw to flush after two raises, and there is probably no way your K is good, I would fold here, and get up and take a long walk. 420 + 1000 looks like pure tilt to me, unless you think button can't beat your top pair, he could easily have AK, AA or KK, not to mention MP who first raised. The only good thing about this hand is that it guarantees that you will get action the rest of the night.

diddle
05-30-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet 40, planning to play this hand very fast. Fold to a pretty solid ABC type of player who makes it 240 total. I think he thinks I'm weak so he's trying to get it HU with me. Button makes it 420 total. Button and I have been clashing for about an hour now and let's just say that we're pretty aware of each other if you know what I mean. BTW, he's the PFR. I put him on a decent hand but he's sitting w/ ~2300 and I want it all somehow. I make it 420+1000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beautiful.

Chris Daddy Cool
05-30-2005, 03:01 AM
its too easy to fall in love with a hand like this (top pair + flush draw) without actually reading your opponents' hands. stop and think of the action that just happened and whats going on and decide whether or not you really want to continue on with your plan of "i want his whole stack. shove shove shove." the key point here is that your reraise has like zero folding equity so you must play it like a flush draw and count pot odds not macho chip shoving.

Alex/Mugaaz
05-30-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
its too easy to fall in love with a hand like this (top pair + flush draw) without actually reading your opponents' hands. stop and think of the action that just happened and whats going on and decide whether or not you really want to continue on with your plan of "i want his whole stack. shove shove shove." the key point here is that your reraise has like zero folding equity so you must play it like a flush draw and count pot odds not macho chip shoving.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every big mistake I have ever made has resulted from this. you need to think about what your villains are willing to call with if youre going all in.

RoboRob
05-30-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sitting with ~$5500. The table thinks I'm tilting because I just lost a huge ~$8000 pot w/ nut straight against full house. I made a HUGE mistake and I should've never lost that much but whatever. On to this hand. BTW, the person I lost this big pot with isn't involved in this hand but the table is aware of it so I thought I'd mention it in case someone is curious.

I have K /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Bunch of limpers. I'm BB or UTG. Can't remember which but whatever. Let's say 3-5 limpers. Button makes it 50 total. I call. Everyone calls.

Flop is K /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Comments?

If he calls MY raise he has about $900 left and I'm willing to bet that amount blind before the turn even sheds.

Flame or praise away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling a raise with K9 suited out of position is no good, just asking for trouble.

stankybank
05-30-2005, 04:26 AM
Thanks for the responses so far guys. However, if you could limit your comments to flop play and beyond, I'd appreciate it. I know that calling this hand out of position or w/ position for that matter is not a smart thing to do. I was tilting and playing a lot of pots and raising a lot of pots to try and get my money back. I'm not making any excuses. I was playing all night into the wee hours of the morning and near afternoon and I was just plain thinking stupid. I know. I know. I know.

My bankroll is a reminder of my stupidity.

Ray Zee
05-30-2005, 09:16 AM
you want one player out. so bet that amount that you think will drive one out. i would consider betting it all right there. your raise was bad as it was too little.

kagame
05-30-2005, 08:49 PM
cold call or all in are the only two decent options