PDA

View Full Version : I sometimes suck heads-up

Paradigm
05-29-2005, 05:40 PM
Hi all. I like to play micro-limits but have had lots of success playing the PokerRoom $10+1 5-man SNG's which pay $15 to 2nd and $35 to 1st. When I'm heads-up at the end, sometimes I have a hard time playing with a chip lead, and being afraid to commit my chips when I don't seem to have a premium holding (a Hellmuthian disease, I guess)

Any advice or threads one can point to for either:

1. Heads up advice

or

2. Shorthanded SNG advice?

Thanks all.

EasilyFound
05-29-2005, 06:02 PM
Check out section 2.10 from this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1918735&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) thread. It is a good place to start.

Otherwise, do what I do. Just push and pray. I'm clueless as well. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

All I can say is keep making good judgments so you get heads up and learn from your mistakes. Review your hand histories. Compare how you play to how your opponent played. What kinds of hands did your opponent push when your opponent had the chip lead; didn't have the chip lead. But when the blinds are high, there is a lot of luck involved b/c you can't just sit around and wait for a solid hand.

jgunnip
05-29-2005, 06:04 PM
There are hundreds of threads regarding this topic every week. Use the search function and search through some of the topics at the following link...
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1918735&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=all&vc=1

jgunnip
05-29-2005, 06:21 PM
how do you post a hyperlink?

EasilyFound
05-30-2005, 09:58 AM
click on "URL" in "Instant UBB Code." First you'll be asked to paste link in the space then you can give the hyperlink a name.

Karak567
05-30-2005, 10:19 AM
If you suck at heads up, then just push every hand. I'm not kidding.

(Note: CALLING an all-in and pushing are two VERY different things. Your calling of an all-in standards need to stay. Pushing standards, who cares? Just shove shove shove)