PDA

View Full Version : Looking for standard lines here; HELP A BEGINNER PLEASE

pshabi
05-29-2005, 05:08 PM
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 5.75

******* Hand 2, Villain is a winner in this game through TAG play. Was this a bad place to defend? I figured the BB was coming with FWIW. How about the other streets? Flame away.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB

***** Hand 3 Got overboard here. Villain hadn't really shown an ability to get out of line. But I also felt like he was getting pissed off at the fact that I was taking his blinds every round. Did I spew?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

marand
05-29-2005, 05:20 PM
Hand 1: I would most often bet the turn and check behind on the river. But I think your line is ok.
Hand 2: Easy fold preflop.
Hand 3: I think you played it fine.

Terrabon98
05-29-2005, 05:26 PM
Hand 1: I play this the same way, although a turn bet could be argued.

Hand 2: Fold preflop, bad hand to call with out of position and in the SB...

Hand3: Not sure how i feel about this one..shorthanded against a guy who is playing aggressively against me, I usually like smoothcalling the flop raise and raising the turn...if I get 3-bet, then it's player-dependant about folding or calling down..

pshabi
05-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Thanks.

For sure should've folded preflop in hand 2. But did I evaluate my outs correctly after the flop?

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I would most often bet the turn and check behind on the river. But I think your line is ok.
Hand 2: Easy fold preflop.
Hand 3: I think you played it fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

marand
05-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Except for preflop in hand 2 I think you played it fine. Especially if the player can 3-bet you on the flop without a pair. (Seen this many times from aggressive players.)

pshabi
05-29-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: Fold preflop, bad hand to call with out of Hand3: Not sure how i feel about this one..shorthanded against a guy who is playing aggressively against me, I usually like smoothcalling the flop raise and raising the turn...if I get 3-bet, then it's player-dependant about folding or calling down..

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be my standard line, but my read was that he was trying to show he couldn't be bullied and was playing back at a blind stealer. I had gotten him like 3 orbits in a row when the table got 4 handed real quick.

I thought he was done after my 3-bet and was suprised to see it capped.

He ended making a flush on the turn in this case. How often should I expect to see a player cap OOP with a smallish flush draw at this level. The aggression is eye-opening to say the least.

marand
05-29-2005, 06:01 PM
I think a flushdraw will cap here a fair amount of the time. If he can get a free card on the turn it's actually good for him. (Or if he thinks you are tight and might lay down a pair for a bet on the turn.)

clownshoes
05-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Hand 1: Bet the turn, Im not sure what I would do if I was checkraised, most likely fold.
Hand 2: Fold PF
Hand 3: Seems ok...

clownshoes
05-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Capping flush draws on flop is very common, theres also the type that love to 3-bet/cap flush draws they just picked up on the turn.