PDA

View Full Version : Boxing - More recommendations please

pootle
05-29-2005, 04:41 PM
After reading the Ward/Gatti thread and downloading their first fight and also the Castillo-Coralles matchup that was also recommended, what other fights would you recommend for me to watch?

I've probably been spoilt by these two fights, they were incredible, but any advice would be appreciated /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks.

Clarkmeister
05-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Hagler-Hearns, my personal favorite fight ever.

pootle
05-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Thank you Mr Meister /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Downloading now.

Clarkmeister
05-29-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you Mr Meister /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Downloading now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me know what you think.

sublime
05-29-2005, 05:05 PM
where you downloading it from? my source has a choppy edition.

also, gatti/ward III is goot.

pootle
05-29-2005, 05:17 PM
Hi Sublime,

I'm getting all these from Here (http://tc-boxing.com/)

Although in the other thread someone mentioned that they are not accepting any more members.

However, if you need the torrent file, let me know and I can e-mail it to you /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The version of the fight I have is good quality with pre- and post-fight stuff in there too.

EDIT: Oh also thanks for the tip about Ward/Gatti III /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sublime
05-29-2005, 05:20 PM
The version of the fight I have is good quality with pre- and post-fight stuff in there too.

i was talking about the hagler fight, thats the same site i use and there were some comments from memebrs that the wuality wasnt that good.....i guess i will download and find out for myself /images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks

DukeSucks
05-29-2005, 05:24 PM
another forum mentioned Morales/Barrera I as being good too. Has anyone seen that? I'm downloading ward/gatti now and might check that out next.

pootle
05-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Sublime,

LOL, Sorry man. I'm not very bright. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The hagler file is only 140mb so it could be rubbish quality.

4 minutes left so I'll soon know /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

sublime
05-29-2005, 05:29 PM
4 minutes left so I'll soon know

cool, can you let me know? i imagien i will DL it either way, but a preview of quality would be very appreciated.

pootle
05-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Wow. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

What a fight. Absolutely stunning stuff.

Quality of that video is good, very watchable - it's not choppy at all. The pre-fight stuff is in japanese, but the commentary of the actual fight is in English.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

Any more would be appreciated.

Clarkmeister
05-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Glad you liked it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gunt
05-29-2005, 06:59 PM
how about tyson vs. mcneely...lol

" My names Peter McNeely, I'm from Medfield, Massachusetts and I'm gonna put Mike Tyson in a cocoon of horror!"

partygirluk
05-29-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
another forum mentioned Morales/Barrera I as being good too. Has anyone seen that? I'm downloading ward/gatti now and might check that out next.

[/ QUOTE ]

All Morales/Barrera fights are goot.

DukeSucks
05-29-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All Morales/Barrera fights are goot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I'll check that out next

A_C_Slater
05-29-2005, 07:29 PM
Tyson vs. Douglas was on ESPN classic last night. I know it's an upset, but it's a damn great fight (Tyson was a 42 to 1 favorite! Douglas, like, hit his one outer.)

Right before Tyson goes down Douglas hits him with the most devastating uppercut in the history of boxing. Then he hits him solidly about 4 times as Tyson is falling. Another thing in the fight that I had forgotten about is that Tyson knocked Douglas down once 2 rounds before being knocked out himself. Douglas got up at a nine count. Great, great, fight.