PDA

View Full Version : Who else likes "Noise-Core"?

Skip Brutale
05-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Post-hardcore, noise, noise-rock, whatever. Bands like The Locust, Arab on Radar, The Get Hustle, Holy Molar, Some Girls, Lightning Bolt, Wolf Eyes, etc. etc.

We just need to know who else on here is really cool.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm not a hipster music type, so I don't know exactly what all the labels are, but I kind of like My Bloody Valentine. Is that close enough, or am I waaaaay off?

Skip Brutale
05-29-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a hipster music type, so I don't know exactly what all the labels are, but I kind of like My Bloody Valentine. Is that close enough, or am I waaaaay off?

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant recall what they sound like, but Im pretty sure its off the mark.

mason55
05-29-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Way off. MBV is more post-grunge. Noise-core is a lot harder, more spastic.

To OP I like some of it. The Locust is ok, i'm more into metal though not so much noisecore.

gorie
05-29-2005, 04:28 PM
i don't like hard core, and i don't really know what "noise-core" is.

of what i listen to, i would assume the killed by death compilations probably come closest to it though.

mostly, you got me thinking of this song (http://www.kingofthebop.com/mp3/Killed%20By%20Death1%20-%2001%20-%20Mad%20-%20I%20Hate%20Music.mp3), so i had to post it.

is stuff like the screamers and electric eels considered "noise" ? those bands are great. but that's probably as "noisey" as i get.

well... unless you're not a fan of the brentwoods /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif (no one will get this, but i'm really funny here.)

Jack of Arcades
05-29-2005, 04:31 PM
Post-grunge? Loveless came out 2 weeks after Nervermind, I guess that's "post..."

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Post-grunge? Loveless came out 2 weeks after Nervermind, I guess that's "post..."

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I was going to say something to this effect, but I didn't really care to get into an argument about how to label music.

Jack of Arcades
05-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Well he is right that noisecore is a lot more spastic.

I'm not really a fan of it but I can appreciate some Lightning Bolt tracks.

JaBlue
05-29-2005, 04:35 PM
The Locust really suck and are overrated.

With that said, the Blood Brothers' album Burn, Piano Island, Burn is probably the best album in this genre. Definitely one of my favorite albums ever. Too bad their more recent one sucks.

mike l.
05-29-2005, 04:44 PM
gang wizard

mason55
05-29-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Locust really suck and are overrated.

With that said, the Blood Brothers' album Burn, Piano Island, Burn is probably the best album in this genre. Definitely one of my favorite albums ever. Too bad their more recent one sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed

mike l.
05-29-2005, 05:13 PM
"MBV is more post-grunge."

lol no theyre pregrunge. theyre shoegazery and very noisy and feedbacky but not noisecore in the slightest. mbv are amazing especially their earlier stuff (but not their very first album which is dreadful and tries to be like the cramps.