PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand how Indy racing works!!!!

beckham9
05-29-2005, 03:59 PM
how did danica patrick crash and then work her way back into 1st place? I dont understand. Why do they stop everyone (yellow flag or whatever) from continuing when someone crashes? I understand safety and everything, but shouldnt you be put out of the race because if the other cars had been allowed to race they would just keep lapping you while you get fixed. I dont really understand how any of this makes any sense.

Anyone else not understand this or am i just retarded?

benfranklin
05-29-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how did danica patrick crash and then work her way back into 1st place?

[/ QUOTE ]

She didn't actually crash. I think her car and another bumped, and she quickly regained control of her car and continued the race.

[ QUOTE ]
Why do they stop everyone (yellow flag or whatever) from continuing when someone crashes? I understand safety and everything, but shouldnt you be put out of the race because if the other cars had been allowed to race they would just keep lapping you while you get fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there is a crash, they put out the yellow flag, which means that the cars slow down and no one can pass another car. They continue that way until the track is cleared of crashed cars, debris, etc., and then they start racing again. There is no special effort made to let crashed cars get fixed and back in the race.

mostsmooth
05-29-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Why do they stop everyone (yellow flag or whatever) from continuing when someone crashes? I understand safety and everything, but shouldnt you be put out of the race because if the other cars had been allowed to race they would just keep lapping you while you get fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there is a crash, they put out the yellow flag, which means that the cars slow down and no one can pass another car. They continue that way until the track is cleared of crashed cars, debris, etc., and then they start racing again. There is no special effort made to let crashed cars get fixed and back in the race.

[/ QUOTE ]
im not very familiar with car racing in general, but i do believe when the yellow comes out they do race to the line, and then they pace til the green comes out again.
also, crashed cars do get lapped if they are in the pits and the field passes them. the laps under yellow count (if you saw today, they finished under yellow)

Voltron87
05-29-2005, 07:03 PM
the race finishing under yellow seems pretty much 100% bullshit, also it seems unfair to let people catch up during it.