PDA

View Full Version : Beer in Vegas

goofball
05-29-2005, 03:00 PM
I can't find Pyramid Curveball and I want some. Anyone in vegas know where there are specialtyish beer stores?

Also, are there any good local breweries or microbrews?

Yes, I'm from Seattle adn I'm a beer snob.

Clarkmeister
05-29-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't find Pyramid Curveball and I want some. Anyone in vegas know where there are specialtyish beer stores?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know of any specialty stores. Lee's Discount Liquor stores are the biggest in the valley.

What kind of beer is it? Crown and Anchor, an English pub on Trop has a pretty extensive beer list IIRC.

trying2learn
05-29-2005, 05:17 PM
Clark nailed it - Crown & Anchor is your destination.

Tropicana and Maryland Parkway near the airport.

nolanfan34
05-29-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of beer is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a pilsner-ish summer beer. I'm not even sure I see it on tap many places here around Seattle, I'd be amazed if you found it in Vegas. Especially since it's a seasonal beer.

Maybe I'll have a glass for you across from Safeco before the M's game next week. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

goofball
05-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Grrr. Have a Pyramid burger too. The kind with the habanero pepper BBQ sauce, an onion ring, and tillamook cheddar.

Sitting there with your mouth on fire, the hot bbq sauce and the cold beer. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I had been figuring that the liquor stores just sold hard alcohol and wine.(more child of seattle thinking i guess)

Tried a place near my house and found them selling two non fat tire New Belgium Brewing productions. This is very exciting. I picked up sixpacks of loft and blue paddle, both kind of what I was looking for.

I will definietly be going by Crown and Anchor very soon.

OtisTheMarsupial
05-29-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Clark nailed it - Crown & Anchor is your destination.

Tropicana and Maryland Parkway near the university.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

jba
05-29-2005, 07:24 PM
a bit OT but mandalay has a pretty decent brew pub

trying2learn
05-29-2005, 07:25 PM
as does Monte Carlo - which may be the one you're thinking of...because Mandalay Bay doesn't.

goofball
05-29-2005, 07:48 PM
yeah. Monte Carlo. Too bad they don't have a bigger poker room, although every single person who's come to visit me since I moved here I've taken there and we've gotten drunk off Winner's Wheat while playing 2/4 holdem.

SinCityGuy
05-29-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 777 Brewpub at Main Street Station has some very good microbrews. "High Roller Gold" is my favorite. The place has a nice atmosphere and they've got good food.