PDA

View Full Version : Making a move

durron597
05-29-2005, 02:30 PM
I thought that his flop bet was just a cheap attempt to defend against a blind steal and take the pot away. I regarded my opponent as a thinking player.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t5420)
BB (t2030)
UTG (t633)
MP (t3107)
Hero (t2310)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t300</font>, SB calls t250, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t700) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t300</font>, Hero calls t300.

Turn: (t1300) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t600</font>,

Colombo
05-29-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought that his flop bet was just a cheap attempt to defend against a blind steal and take the pot away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Therefore, raise. Then if he calls or raises back, you know he has a hand and is not trying to steal. By just calling you gain no info. Also, a raise will make him more apt to fold a pair of 6s or 3s IMO than a turn bet.

durron597
05-29-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought that his flop bet was just a cheap attempt to defend against a blind steal and take the pot away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Therefore, raise. Then if he calls or raises back, you know he has a hand and is not trying to steal. By just calling you gain no info. Also, a raise will make him more apt to fold a pair of 6s or 3s IMO than a turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? If I had a monster would I raise the flop or call it?

Calling is the new raising.

Colombo
05-29-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont raise 1010+?

durron597
05-29-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont raise 1010+?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I was sure if he checked the turn the pot was mine. If he leads out the turn, I can fold.