PDA

View Full Version : Review of McEvoys Tournament Poker

xPuns1her
05-29-2005, 02:30 PM
This morning while sipping on a Jamba Juice at my local Barnes and Noble I picked up a copy of Tom McEvoy's Tournament Poker and read the NL section. All I have to say is that any decent player could have written this book, its a piece of crap. He says things like when he has AK and theres a limper he likes to raise it 600 (blinds 100/200)... okaaayy.. thats fu.cking great Tom thanks for your humble opinion written in stone. All it is is common knowledge with a few of his opinions tossed in and its pawned off as a strategy guide. Maybe I should write a party poker tournament guide by xPuns1her, instead of the caption below being "has four WSOP titles" it would be "has raped party tournaments".. just as credible for knowledge in MY opinion.

BOOK: 2/10

just ahead of time because I know some smart ass is going to do it anyway:

and heres a preemptive fu.ck you.

TheNoodleMan
05-29-2005, 02:38 PM
to be fair, the book was first published in 1995. There are definitely a bunch of better books available than this one, but its not like he just crapped this one out to take advantage of the poker craze (like a whole bunch of others have.)

benfranklin
05-29-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This morning while sipping on a Jamba Juice at my local Barnes and Noble I picked up a copy of Tom McEvoy's Tournament Poker and read the NL section.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, maybe you should demand your money back for such a crappy book.

Oh, wait. You didn't actually pay the author for his work, you did the B&N bootleg. You got nothing to gripe about.

xPuns1her
05-29-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This morning while sipping on a Jamba Juice at my local Barnes and Noble I picked up a copy of Tom McEvoy's Tournament Poker and read the NL section.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, maybe you should demand your money back for such a crappy book.

Oh, wait. You didn't actually pay the author for his work, you did the B&N bootleg. You got nothing to gripe about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Mr.Bookman .. eat a co.ck

That would be negative EV if I had payed BTW

FieryJustice
05-29-2005, 03:09 PM
I should write a tourney book, but the caption under mine would be "has raped punisher in EVERY party sng they have ever played together." Seriously, get a life and stop whining about everything. No one really cares what you think about a book that everyone knows is crap.

xPuns1her
05-29-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I should write a tourney book, but the caption under mine would be "has raped punisher in EVERY party sng they have ever played together." Seriously, get a life and stop whining about everything. No one really cares what you think about a book that everyone knows is crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously took the time to read, block my user name if you dont want the amusement of reading my posts you fu.ck. I dont care about your opinions either.

Voltron87
05-29-2005, 03:27 PM
wrong forum, go here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=books)

FieryJustice
05-29-2005, 03:32 PM
You do provide a few laughs, so I read the rubbish you post. Maybe you should spend some time reading and trying to understand some of the things on the forum so you might stand a chance in the $215's. Now that I think about it, you are the only 2+2er I will let have position on me. All I know is that you obviously have rich parents.

xPuns1her
05-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Are you on crack? I have at least a 39 percent win percentage in the 215's... maybe your only at the tables I bust? Whats your sn? use poker prophecy or something moron.

I play on a casual basis for fun and in the past month Ive played 36 215's, ITM in 17, and 10 firsts. No one as bad as you say I am could do that. Ive completely supported myself the past 2 years off poker so fu.ck you.

FieryJustice
05-29-2005, 03:38 PM
lol...You obviously dont read the forum much. You always lose the games I am in with you because you always find a way to donate your chips to me. Keep up the nice work.

TheNoodleMan
05-29-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I play on a casual basis for fun and in the past month Ive played 36 215's, ITM in 17, and 10 firsts. No one as bad as you say I am could do that. Ive completely supported myself the past 2 years off poker so fu.ck you.

[/ QUOTE ]
First, I think most of us can agree that is a small sample size and not likely to be sustained. Second, are you a casual player or are you a pro who has supported himself off of poker for the past 2 years. Its one or the other.

FieryJustice
05-29-2005, 03:46 PM
He is a sad little man that thinks his opinions matter.

benfranklin
05-29-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to argue with that kind of superior intelligence and rhetoric. You obviously know of what you speak.

xPuns1her
05-29-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to argue with that kind of superior intelligence and rhetoric. You obviously know of what you speak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see you didnt catch the Seinfeld refrence. Therefore you SIR are the IDIOT.

Phill S
05-29-2005, 04:36 PM
You play party 215s (and badly judging by opinions of your play) and write threads of little substance on a poker forum.

Tom McEvoy won the WSOP, 3 other bracelets and wrote a book in 95 which i consider a good read (though definately not A list, the decade has shown on its accuracy in modern play).

McEvoy 1, xPuns1her 0

Plus he gets a late goal in overtime for being able to spell punisher:

2:0

Phill

xPuns1her
05-29-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You play party 215s (and badly judging by opinions of your play) and write threads of little substance on a poker forum.

Tom McEvoy won the WSOP, 3 other bracelets and wrote a book in 95 which i consider a good read (though definately not A list, the decade has shown on its accuracy in modern play).

McEvoy 1, xPuns1her 0

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil being a smart ass and thinking its cute.

Phil 0 Me 1

Phil taking it up the ass from McEvoy

Phil 0 Me 2

Me tricking you all into thinking I suck at poker in one master plot so you play me differently at the tables.

Phil 0 Me 3

You simply being a co.ckgobbling twat.

Phil -1 Me 2,000,000

You having the same name as Phil Hellmuth

Phil -100 Billion Me 100 Trillion

Have a nice one.

FieryJustice
05-29-2005, 04:44 PM
Again, tard, get a life. You are NOT good at all from what I can tell at the tables. You are actually on my fish list...you should be proud. You are the only 2+2er on it. I dont understand why you think anyone gives a damn about what you think about a book or really anything at all. You're just some random ass kid that loses in poker. Deal with it.

xPuns1her
05-29-2005, 04:46 PM
dsadsa

The Yugoslavian
05-29-2005, 05:16 PM
Did you kill anyone while drinking your Jamba Juice?

Jamba Juice always makes me antsy....like I'm gonna rip someone's eyes out.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yugoslav
Btw, I scanned the book once and wasn't impressed...especially with most of the things he's written on STTs...

Phill S
05-29-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

McEvoy 1, xPuns1her 0

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil being a smart ass and thinking its cute.

Phil 0 Me 1

Phil taking it up the ass from McEvoy

Phil 0 Me 2

Me tricking you all into thinking I suck at poker in one master plot so you play me differently at the tables.

Phil 0 Me 3

You simply being a co.ckgobbling twat.

Phil -1 Me 2,000,000

You having the same name as Phil Hellmuth

Phil -100 Billion Me 100 Trillion

Have a nice one.

[/ QUOTE ]

So who is this Phil that you refer to?

PhiLL

Phill 1:0 Eeejat

Jman28
05-29-2005, 08:07 PM
I love Jamba Juice. Nice work there.

Other than that though, I don't like your post(s). You're kind of a weiner.

dan123
05-29-2005, 08:31 PM
hey man. would you like to join the gay tourny next week on ps? let me know. Ps. would you to join my gay tourny . whats your favorite ?
/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

raptor517
05-29-2005, 08:41 PM
this forum is really turning to sh** isnt it? used to have useful things in it, other than flame wars. enjoy. holla

sng-sam
05-30-2005, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're kind of a weiner

[/ QUOTE ]

NH GG