PDA

View Full Version : Tell me where to play micro limits - 4 options

celiboy
05-29-2005, 02:22 PM
1. Right now I play on Absolute, but am wondering if this is the best bang for my buck. With 10 hours of playing per week one can clear $30 of their nearly weekly reload bonuses. Assuming 1bb/100 poker at .5/1 this equates to around a profit of $2000 per year ($30 in bonus and $10 in winnings X 52 weeks). Their rake is high at 5% but the bonuses make up for it.

2. PokerStars - they do not rake the .25/.5. I would guess this would be a significant savings over time. Would I be better suited to play at that level with the likely increased bb/100 winnings and no rake? I would have to win 8 bb/100 to equal Absolute's profits.

3. Paradise. Their games are apparantely very soft and with the GRANNY bonus from what I understand you get back 50% of your deposit similar to Absolute's ($10 per every 100 points). I personally do not like loose games due to the swings and this is why I'd be reluctant to play there.

4. Party Poker. Similar to Paradise, it is a fish farm supposedly and they have monthly reaload bonsues as well. There must be a reason PP is so popular.

olavfo
05-29-2005, 02:30 PM
Both Party and Paradise have excellent micro games, but Paradise seems just a tad softer to me (both looser and less aggressive).

At least this was my impression when I cleared the latest Paradise reload bonus after having played Party exclusively for the 2 months before that. Paradise just felt softer.

olavfo

celiboy
05-29-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Both Party and Paradise have excellent micro games, but Paradise seems just a tad softer to me (both looser and less aggressive).

At least this was my impression when I cleared the latest Paradise reload bonus after having played Party exclusively for the 2 months before that. Paradise just felt softer.

olavfo

[/ QUOTE ]

Which site has translated to more money in your pocket?

olavfo
05-29-2005, 02:47 PM
My Paradise 0.50/1 win rate is about 1.5x that on Party. Less hands though (10k on Paradise vs 40k on Party), but the numbers are consistent with the way Paradise "feels" compared to Party. The pots are bigger and the players seem more passive.

olavfo

Eeegah
05-30-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2. PokerStars - they do not rake the .25/.5. I would guess this would be a significant savings over time. Would I be better suited to play at that level with the likely increased bb/100 winnings and no rake? I would have to win 8 bb/100 to equal Absolute's profits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars does rake their .25/.50: .25 for each $5.00 in the pot, to a maximum of $1.00 for a 40BB pot. I'm doing great there as a relative newbie, though I supplement my play with intense study.

They have 20% to 120 I believe for the next week, but clearing any sort of bonus would be positively glacial at this level (I'm guessing about 7500 hands for my measly ten bucks).

aK13
05-30-2005, 01:14 AM
Stars, Paradise, and Party are all relatively the same at the .5/1 level (from my experience). I believe party rakes harder than the other two, but I'm not sure. Stars' software is a little awkward, but you cant beat their SNG format. Paradise is even slower software.