PDA

View Full Version : 66 multiway - I'm tempted to value bet a pair on the river too.

Isura
05-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Opponents are loose and bad. I'm not sure about the river, I think I missed a value bet here. I planned on calling a bet when I checked, but betting seems better against this crew. Anyone for check/folding the river?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks with the intention of calling 1 bet.

rafct
05-29-2005, 02:31 PM
Wow I am not familiar with that preflop raise at all...

I think bet/folding is an option for the river. You can be called by smaller pairs that are putting you on overcards. However I also see merit in check/calling, players can bluff a busted flush draw or try to scare you with the paired board. I think the options are close...

Jaran
05-29-2005, 02:37 PM
Not to be a jerk, but I absolutely hate your pf raise. You're cutting down your implied odds on a hand that has little chance to win ui against a table of calling stations. Since you did, I think you have to follow through and bet the river.

-Jaran

Nick Royale
05-29-2005, 02:37 PM
Preflop: check
Flop: check/fold. (given you preflop raise the bet is fine)

Isura
05-29-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow I am not familiar with that preflop raise at all...

[/ QUOTE ]

Two loose limpers, 66 is usually the best hand. I've been revising my blinds value raising standards lately, and 66 is about my threshold for pairs with 2 limpers. It makes the hand a bit easier to play, and we have more folding equity when no one else hits the flop. If anyone is interested, for 6 max (1/2) I now do as a default:

BB with 1 limper: 55+, A7s+, ATo+, KTs+, KJo+, QJs, JTs
BB with 2 limpers: 77+, A9s+, AJo+, KJs+, KQo, QJs, JTs

These are my default, I tighten up or loosen up more depending on the players.

Isura
05-29-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm surprised about all the preflop comments. I guess you guys don't know how bad 1/2 is these days /images/graemlins/smile.gif These guys are calling down with any face cards, and will call a river bet with A high if the board isn't too scary. I haven't run this through pokerstove yet, but I'm pretty sure I have atleast 30% equity here.

Shillx
05-29-2005, 02:51 PM
Looks like a river value bet to me.

Jaran
05-29-2005, 02:53 PM
Admittedly I haven't played 1/2 6max since I've been back, but it is the nature of the badness of these players that makes me dislike the riase. You're gonna get called down by people w/any piece of the board, if I remember from my time previous.

-Jaran

KeysrSoze
05-29-2005, 03:01 PM
I don't get it, how do we have any fold equity if like you say they'll call down with anything?

Even guys with bad hands will usually have overcards to your 66, and your raise won't make anyone already in fold, 66 early position and this many people in the pot seems pretty weak to me unless improved, personally I'd take the free flop.

Isura
05-29-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Admittedly I haven't played 1/2 6max since I've been back, but it is the nature of the badness of these players that makes me dislike the riase. You're gonna get called down by people w/any piece of the board, if I remember from my time previous.

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the raise because of the badness of the players. I raised because I have an equity edge, I can get away from this hand if the flop is ugly (ie lose the minimum when I'm clearly behind), but I get paid off by people incorrectly chasing until the river. I also get paid off more when I hit a set. I agree that 66 is pretty slim, my default is about 77+ here. I believe both players had VP's of around 65-70.

Jaran
05-29-2005, 03:40 PM
Give me one less limper and I like it. I wouldn't go below 88 here personally (and I still think you're cutting your implied odds in half w/the raise).

-Jaran

Jakesta
05-29-2005, 03:42 PM
In a game with two or three opponents like this, I'll check 88 here too.

SCfuji
05-29-2005, 03:46 PM
you are nuts!

Jakesta
05-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Too weak-tight?

Jaran
05-29-2005, 03:49 PM
yup

-Jaran