PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Frog #1.

lorinda
05-29-2005, 01:52 PM
The Brits will need no more information than the title.

For the others out there, a ringtone for a mobile phone just hit #1 in the UK music charts.

Music Video link, can you last the full 2m 55s ? (http://crazy-frog-remix.com/)

Lori

pshreck
05-29-2005, 02:10 PM
Its just the Beverly Hills Cop theme + that stupid 'can I make you laugh' thing.

And to think at one time you guys had the Beatles. Things have gone down hill.

Macdaddy Warsaw
05-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Goddamn, Kevin Barnes wasn't kidding. You guys do love your bad techno.

lorinda
05-29-2005, 02:17 PM
With about a two week gap for another bad tune, THIS (http://www.captiveimage.us/Gallery/Music/AmarilloVideoViewer.html) was previously number 1 for something like seven weeks.

Lori

pshreck
05-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Now Im confused. That is a great song, but its old. Why did it hit number 1 now, just because of that military music video made with it?

lorinda
05-29-2005, 02:22 PM
It was done for a charity show and just kept selling.

The military thing was more recent.

Lori

lorinda
05-29-2005, 02:25 PM
I don't actually listen to music at all, but these two have been utterly unavoidable over the last three months.

The frog tune is literally on in part 2-3 times per commercial break.

Lori

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 02:26 PM
Crazy Brits and their fascination with crappy techno music! What will they come up with next?

blaze666
05-29-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Crazy Brits and their fascination with crappy techno music! What will they come up with next?

[/ QUOTE ]

neil morrisey singing along to a childrens cartoon character. with a repetetive line all the way through. oh wait...

Rotating Rabbit
05-29-2005, 05:32 PM
I'm a brit and I loathe that stupid frog track more than anything in the world. If I met its maker I would end up in prison. Anyone who has that as their ringtone is a amoebae-brained ostentatious sheep. Time over time I have to listen to it on radio/tv commercials; that noise represents a society thats culture is decaying faster than an exposed reactor. One of these days I may end it all over that frog.

lorinda
05-29-2005, 05:56 PM
http://www.crazyfrog.be/crazy_frog.jpg

blaze666
05-29-2005, 06:00 PM
yeah, and what is with his dong? it's freaky...

Sheriff Fatman
05-30-2005, 04:44 PM
Its a worrying sign that the first company to actively spam TV commercials (I'm not kidding, this thing is on 2-3 times every commercial break) ends up with a hit single from it.

Jamster must be the most hated company in the UK by now and yet a bunch of schoolkids are sending them to the top of the charts.

Amazingly, I'm yet to hear any mobile phone ring with one of these tunes. This is probably a good thing, considering where the first phone that I do hear is likely to end up!

Sheriff

byronkincaid
05-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Jamster ads are the best thing in the world for getting toddlers to stop crying.

Barrett's Last Privateer
05-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Lori,

I read an article about this in one Australia's national dailies this morning.

The one interesting point was that when things go in the other direction to this example, (i.e. song being made into ring tone) the artists get 11% of the revenue compared to 6% for a CD single.

BLP

Larimani
05-31-2005, 07:57 AM
If I see anyone buying this tune, I will kill them. No jokes. Anyone listening to this of their own accord needs to be removed from the gene pool ASAP.

A ringtone hitting top of the chart... what has the world come to?

Also, OP is right, Jamster (the company owning this ringtone) has a slot on EVERY commercial break... this [censored] is driving me mad & am sure is driving everyone mad in the UK.

Gin 'n Tonic
05-31-2005, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Jamster must be the most hated company in the UK by now

[/ QUOTE ]

Presumably by everyone except their shareholders Frog ringtone makes £10m (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=15558250&method=full&siteid=89488&head line=frog-that-spawned--pound-10m-name_page.html)

Personally, I can't wait for the villagers to attack Castle Jamster with torches and pitchforks one foggy night.

THE FROG MUST DIE!