PDA

View Full Version : $25 NL vs $100 NL

winky51
05-29-2005, 01:36 PM
I have been noticing that I find it much easier playing $100 NL then $25 NL.

I find that one of my most useful tools is taken away at the $25 tables, the bluff.

I also find that there are not as many crazies at the $25. Now to me a crazy is predictable. He will put all his chips in with a marginal hand. All you have to do is patiently wait for a monster then easily bust him.

sourbeaver
05-29-2005, 01:42 PM
This has not been my experience, or else I'd been 8-tabling 100NL at the moment. But perhaps a good nut-peddling style can do wonders at 100NL.

I notice more Krazies than I can count at 25NL, me being the Kraziest of them all.

winky51
05-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Hmm thats strange. I mean I find it EASY to put people on hands and move them off better hands with well placed bets. $25 NL I can't do that when you got TP TK on a broken flop and some idiot goes all in on you with 83 2 pair.

Calls a $2 raise with it. maybe just my playing style. Don't get me wrong I can play $25 I am not as profitable.

Hmm interesting. I only play 2 tables. I can't play 4 tables NL. Can't keep an eye on people. I tried.

sourbeaver
05-29-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hmm interesting. I only play 2 tables. I can't play 4 tables NL. Can't keep an eye on people. I tried.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should've mentionned the fact that I don't keep an eye on other players while playing 8 tables, which is probably better suited for 25NL than 100NL.

At the moment, it's a simple decision of pure cash return for me. You are better off playing 2 tables of 100NL the way you do, practice your game and get your skills up. And I will be doing that when money isn't as big a need as it is right now. But I just don't want to take in any more variance at the moment (8-tabling 25NL has ridiculously low variance, as you'd probably expect).