PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with my posts?

SydParrot
05-29-2005, 11:24 AM
Hey guys,

Not trying to be coercive or anything. I've posted a few time and get almost no responses. A quick survey of the most recent posts (all getting responses) reveals several OT posts and at least one bad beat post. What am I doing wrong? Am I just unknown? Are my questionms too obvious? Am I ignoring some important convention(s)?

Phil Van Sexton
05-29-2005, 11:43 AM
You've only made 1 post in this forum. I just read it. Lot's of words.

Give your reads and the hand as close to hand converter format as possible. We don't need to hear every thought you had on every street.

You also included the results which I find annoying. You aren't going to get unbiased responses if you include your own opinions and the hand result.

Just post the hand, get responses, then respond with your thoughts after a reasonable period of time.

I usually post results only if someone asks

btw - You butchered that hand. A classic case of creating pot odds for yourself so you can justify doing something really silly (like blasting off your stack with a pair of 7s).

microbet
05-29-2005, 12:15 PM
What PVS said. Especially about the too many words, especially from a stranger. You should just post the hand. Also, respond to some other people's posts.

Is there something unusual about people being more interested in people they have known for a while than in strangers?