PDA

View Full Version : raise size

mostsmooth
05-29-2005, 10:29 AM
early round live mtt
100-200 blinds, 25 ante
we started with T5000, i started about 10-15 minutes late, and villain had already added a couple K to his stack, looked like from the guy next to him. hes the only player on the table that is making any kind of moves.
so anyway, at this point i have about T4400 and havent played too many hands, limped few, stole 1. three limpers to me, including the villain. i look down at KKo (lol). counting the blinds and antes, theres T1100 in play. the limpers and blinds had stacks similar to mine except for the one limper to the right of the villain who was around T2000. theres 3 players left behind me, i make it T1500 to go. all fold to villain who thinks a little and goes all in for T6300 or so. im fairly certain im ahead, as the villlain was the third limper(in my mind this made sense /images/graemlins/grin.gif) so i thought it was an easy call.
the main question: was T1500 too big or too little or just right?

stone_7
05-29-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the main question: was T1500 too big or too little or just right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this was just right. Even if everybody had folded you still took down a big pot risk free. You would not have made any more after the flop and would have only lost chips postflop. The fact that everybody but 1 folded is just fine. The fact that you got the most active player to go all in is even better. I suspect he had a moderate ace (AJ-A8) or 2 suited face cards. None of these hands have an advantage over you and I hope you doubled through him.

SossMan
05-29-2005, 12:21 PM
1200-1500 is good. The general rule of thumb is 3x plus 1x for every limper (where x = BB). This would have been 1200, but with the antes, a little more is fine. 1500 is pretty standard there.