PDA

View Full Version : AQo 2 hands at 100NL 6max

pmuir10
05-29-2005, 07:54 AM
Hand 1

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($51.2)
SB ($262.79)
Hero ($136)
UTG ($339.43)
MP ($93.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $2.50, Hero calls $2.

Flop: ($9) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, UTG folds, SB calls $7.

Turn: ($23) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, SB calls $12.

River: ($47) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, SB calls $20.

Final Pot: $87

i feel like theres somewhere in this hand where i should check behind. hmmm

anyways what do you guys think of how i played it?

EDIT: my turn play blows too..

Hand 2

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($99.05)
Hero ($99)
BB ($64.92)
UTG ($96.45)
MP ($218.15)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, Button calls $1, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($5) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $4, MP folds, Button folds.

Turn: ($13) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, UTG calls $10.

River: ($33) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $20</font>, Hero calls $10.

Final Pot: $73

so ive been on a downswing these past few days which may or may not be affecting my play on these hands. anyways these 50-100 dollar pots have been killing me

Atropos
05-29-2005, 09:03 AM
Hand 1:
It is ok I think. Only thing I dont like is the preflop call, AQo OOP against preflop raiser is not so easy, but thats a matter of taste. If you check behind on the turn you are in for some tough river decisions, I think the river bet is fine there are some worse hands calling you down, though you probably lost against a flush.

Hand 2:

Why such a small river bet? If you bet the same at the river as on the turn it screams weakness, thats why you have to call down the minraise. Bet 15 or 20 and fold if raised. I think you were beat here. The turn is a problem for me too, you just cant bet enough to make a good tricky player fold.
Dangerous River Cards:
2 Aces
3 Kings
3 Tens
3 Nines
3 Eights
6 Diamonds

--&gt; 20 dangerous cards for you, 26 cards not extremely dangerous, but not so likeable either (like a second seven...) Against good players who are capable of reading your top pair and properly bluffing the river the hands seems -EV at the turn.

pmuir10
05-29-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2:

Why such a small river bet? If you bet the same at the river as on the turn it screams weakness, thats why you have to call down the minraise. Bet 15 or 20 and fold if raised. I think you were beat here. The turn is a problem for me too, you just cant bet enough to make a good tricky player fold.
Dangerous River Cards:
2 Aces
3 Kings
3 Tens
3 Nines
3 Eights
6 Diamonds

--&gt; 20 dangerous cards for you, 26 cards not extremely dangerous, but not so likeable either (like a second seven...) Against good players who are capable of reading your top pair and properly bluffing the river the hands seems -EV at the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

so what should i do on the turn?

fuzzbox
05-30-2005, 05:12 AM
Hand 1 - I tend to check the turn when the flush card hits. I probably call the river if he bets, and bet if he checks.

Hand 2 - I check the river, and might call a reasonable bet. Betting and getting minraised = he has a better hand than you (I also call the minraise, so I dont bet in the first place) - he likely has KT.