PDA

View Full Version : pokerstars to party poker

treeofwisdom7
05-29-2005, 07:50 AM
i always was a pokerstars, Ultimatebet, and FTP player. UB and FTP doesnt have action at the times i play and pokerstars is alright but PP has lots of action *it seems all the time*

anyway im not used to the new chip structure. anyone have general advice for players who have grown to 1.5k starting stacks but now play in PP?

flo
05-29-2005, 07:54 AM
In generell, you have much less post-flop play. But others should be able to give a deeper insight into the differences.

treeofwisdom7
05-29-2005, 07:57 AM
well i noticed two things so far.. i just got blinded out of one game *sorta* and i never get blinded. and the second thing is that a follow up bet on the flop with AK seems like a bad idea, if they call flop then all you can do is push turn.

but finding action is easy.

randommuppet
05-29-2005, 08:54 AM
i think the general level of play at party is worse (and not JUST because i play there...) - i took me a while to adjust but some of the advice i took from here was to bet slightly less preflop (maybe 3 bb or so max in an unopened pot) to allow yourself a decent bet on the flop - you do kinda have to win a hand or two pretty quick or youre in trouble sometimes - having said that you can sit for an hour without playing a hand and then still get action - i get into the money from a ss in party more than stars (not so much a ss but an "unbuilt" stack)

oh and generally - call more

rgds
Stephen