PDA

View Full Version : Good place for this semi-PVS?

DasLeben
05-29-2005, 05:53 AM
Both blinds have been very tight, and MP2 has shown himself to be a usual low-buyin goon willing to gambool it up in places.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 (t655)
CO (t2190)
Hero (t600)
SB (t1200)
BB (t625)
UTG (t330)
UTG+1 (t1640)
MP1 (t760)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls t100, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises t500 (all-in)</font>

gasgod
05-29-2005, 07:24 AM
I dunno, entirely read dependent. I could go either way on this one. (How's that for decisive? Hey, give me a break. I've had a tough day.)

GG

45suited
05-29-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Both blinds have been very tight, and MP2 has shown himself to be a usual low-buyin goon willing to gambool it up in places.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (8 handed) converter

MP2 (t655)
CO (t2190)
Hero (t600)
SB (t1200)
BB (t625)
UTG (t330)
UTG+1 (t1640)
MP1 (t760)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9, 8.
3 folds, MP2 calls t100, 1 fold, Hero raises t500 (all-in)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a no-brainer. Limper probably has 2 overs and you're racing to double up (if he even calls). If he was trapping or if one of the blinds has a big pair, thems the breaks. I make this move with 9's EVERY time without hesitation and it has been very successful.

TruFloridaGator
05-29-2005, 10:54 AM
It's read dependent &amp; I like a push if he's loose. You may not have as much FE, but it's a good place to not behind too far. You may not have another good opportunity until your back to being blinded again.

45suited
05-29-2005, 11:00 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see that you have any other option other than pushing. You can't just call, and you're not going to fold it.

MP2 has shown no strength. You said he is the typical low buy in goof who will gamble it up. That's fine - you have 6BB and need to gamble. Get your money in here as the slight favorite.

This hand plays itself, IMO.

TruFloridaGator
05-29-2005, 11:02 AM
Well, right based on the read, it's an easy push &amp; the hand does practically play itself, although I don't see how he is a slight favorite, but regardless, if he's going to be a goon &amp; call you with crap, then it's going to be a good oportunity to have a race.

45suited
05-29-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, right based on the read, it's an easy push &amp; the hand does practically play itself, although I don't see how he is a slight favorite, but regardless, if he's going to be a goon &amp; call you with crap, then it's going to be a good oportunity to have a race.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about it. Are we really going to give the limper credit for a PP over 9's? NO. He might be an idiot limping with 5's or he is limping with 2 overs. In the first case, hero is a 4:1 favorite and in the second case, hero is slightly favored in a race.

There is almost no chance that here is behind to a big pair here, IMO.

POOOOOOOOOOOOSH

Nick B.
05-29-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about it. Are we really going to give the limper credit for a PP over 9's? NO. He might be an idiot limping with 5's or he is limping with 2 overs. In the first case, hero is a 4:1 favorite and in the second case, hero is slightly favored in a race.

POOOOOOOOOOOOSH

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you even read the hand?

TruFloridaGator
05-29-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

POOOOOOOOOOOOSH

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so lost, he has 98o, how is he a slight favorite to 2 overs... Are you thinking its 99?

TruFloridaGator
05-29-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

POOOOOOOOOOOOSH

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you even read the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess he missed it, 98o, Nick what do you think about a push though..with 98o /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nick B.
05-29-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Guess he missed it, 98o, Nick what do you think about a push though..with 98o /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't remember a single time I have ever done it after a limper.

45suited
05-29-2005, 11:14 AM
Okay, I'm retarded.... thought it said 99.

Can you see why I was so confused now by everone's responses? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

TruFloridaGator
05-29-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I'm retarded.... thought it said 99.

Can you see why I was so confused now by everone's responses? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, now can you see why I was confused by all your responses. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TruFloridaGator
05-29-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't remember a single time I have ever done it after a limper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, neither have I..45suited has me on tilt posting. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

valenzuela
05-29-2005, 11:37 AM
bah, thats too wild IMO. Ure need 3 players to fold and one of them already showed some kinda strenght( we know he doesnt have 83)