PDA

View Full Version : I've Finally Lost My Mind

The Yugoslavian
05-29-2005, 05:10 AM
Thursday night I realized I had Monday off and thought about how the most fun I've had playing poker was the one day I played 100 (during Raptor's failed challenge or whatever where his internet kept breaking down).

The result was the decision to play 400 STTs in 4 days!!!

(Yes, I even worked yesterday and reeled off close to 100...I'm counting STTs I played late Thursday night - guess I'm going by EST time, /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

I'm halfway there @ 205 played so far with two full days of playing to go.

My brain is fried, I have no friends and in my last set (of 8) I ran into AA 4 times on the bubble or 5 handed on levels 5+. So, I'm posting this b/c I've reached the point of no return -------- 400 baby!!!!!

If I don't finish this quest all of you *must* smack me very very hard on the shoulder or stomach next weekend in Vegas.

Deal?

Deal!!!!

Let the INSANITY CONTINUE!!!!!!!!!!

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH hollahollaBWHAHAHAHAH...

Yugoslav

Daliman
05-29-2005, 05:12 AM
Oh, I am SO down.

P.S. Define "Finally"

runner4life7
05-29-2005, 05:13 AM
I just want to say, I'm impressed and good luck not going crazy. I hit 60 in a day and my mind is gone.

GrekeHaus
05-29-2005, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I don't finish this quest all of you *must* smack me very very hard on the shoulder or stomach next weekend in Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry Yugo, I'll smack you whether or not you make it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Yugoslavian
05-29-2005, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
good luck not going crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, see, it's too late for me now.....as you can tell by the title of my post. I'm way far gone.

Did I mention I plalyed more 55s today than I ever previously had lifetime?

SHIP IT!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

I hit 60 in a day and my mind is gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah....that's a good idea...what the hell am I thinking...UUUUGGGHHHH!

195 to go!!!!

I should do what those Jesus Freaks do and post updates every 2 minutes.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yugoslav

Unarmed
05-29-2005, 08:58 AM
Sheesh, talk about falling off the wagon, weren't you taking some time away from the game??? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

dfscott
05-29-2005, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sheesh, talk about falling off the wagon, weren't you taking some time away from the game??? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing -- did I miss a memo? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I have no friends

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true -- you go, Yugo!

The Yugoslavian
05-29-2005, 08:14 PM
SHIP IT

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Yugoslav
3u0

ForumBot
05-29-2005, 08:21 PM
MOERON: Before you come to Vegas you had better mix up a batch of WD-40 with Prep H....You're gonna need it !
HOLLA
ForumBot
Who also has no friends; but doesn't care because he doesn't have a brain or a heart /images/graemlins/grin.gif

johnnybeef
05-29-2005, 08:22 PM
can i smack you even if you finish it?

edit: sorry, responded before i read any responses....but my offer still stands

SlackerMcFly
05-29-2005, 08:25 PM
That's like, what..... 165 left to play? Go Yugo Go!

Slacker - Who is still no good at math.

GrekeHaus
05-29-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SHIP IT

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Yugoslav
3u0

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell you've lost your mind Yugo, because you're turning into Raptor.

I'm at 150, I may have to reevaluate my goals.

KingDan
05-29-2005, 09:58 PM
How many tables at a time?

microbet
05-29-2005, 10:56 PM
GL. I'll try and play 40 this weekend. I've got 20 in so far.

GrekeHaus
05-30-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

8--continuous

The Yugoslavian
05-30-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

8--continuous

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm doing mine in rigid sets, which is making this a bitch to stay on track....I keep falling closer and closer to barely making the 400 based on my carefully scheduled timeline

Considering I played more 55s yesterday than lifetime previously...;) and considering I've only 8 tabled the 11s and 22s (150/100 respectively), I think rigid sets of 8 is just about right /images/graemlins/wink.gif...

And I don't think I'm even down that much money right now...but...since I don't keep stats anymore....who knows!?!? bwahahahah ship it wtfpwned!?!?!?!

holla! 3u0

Yugoslav
270/400

The Yugoslavian
05-30-2005, 12:14 PM
So, last night I got lazy and missed my schedule by a set...I"m now behind. Thankfully I decided I didn't need to sleep for very long and am up bright and early today determined to CRUSH my quest.

Don't ask for my results....b/c I have no clue. I suspect I'm not up or down much...closish to even.

Anyway, if enough people beg I may sort out all my stats tomorrow and post them (I probably will be too beat tonight after I finish).

Apparently I'm not typing like Raptor yet today....maybe I need to play a few sets first.

Yugoslav
holla /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ReDeYES88
05-30-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry Yugo, I'll smack you whether or not you make it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

note he said "shoulder or stomach", not ass. .. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

The Yugoslavian
05-30-2005, 04:48 PM
I had an error in my counting and am further behind than I thought.

No matter....I will CRUSH like Big Pun said!

10 more sets to go...whew....I'm starting to see a faint light at the end of the tunnel.

Yugoslav

raptor517
05-30-2005, 05:03 PM
YOU WILL PWN THEM ALL!!!!! holla

1C5
05-30-2005, 07:01 PM
I want stats. If not stats, just how much $$ won or lost. Who cares about the rest.

I love not knowing what my ROI is.

SuitedSixes
05-30-2005, 07:16 PM
He can't even keep track of how many he's played! How do you expect anything beyond that to be accurate?

SlackerMcFly
05-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Hang in there Yugo! Only 87 left to play....

Slacker

The Yugoslavian
05-30-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hang in there Yugo! Only <font color="red">60</font> left to play....

Slacker

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP, /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Yugoslav

SlackerMcFly
05-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Thanks Yugo. Your math is improving!

The Yugoslavian
05-30-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Yugo. You <font color="red">only have 44 to go</font>!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP again.

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Yugoslav
Ugh....I may need to do some continuous action....this is taking way to f*ckin' long....I also tried to do some table selection my last session...bah....huge waste of time.

Ogre
05-30-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I also tried to do some table selection my last session...bah....huge waste of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree

Ryendal
05-30-2005, 10:24 PM
Sometimes, I'm unable to define anyhing, and I'm in the flow /images/graemlins/cool.gif

durron597
05-30-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Yugo. You <font color="red">only have 44 to go</font>!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP again.

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Yugoslav
Ugh....I may need to do some continuous action....this is taking way to f*ckin' long....I also tried to do some table selection my last session...bah....huge waste of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play in the $109+ range, but I know if I did table selection would be very important to me, if simply because there are so many excellent players in those games and the tables spawn quickly enough.

Then again, I don't 8-table either (I 4-table), so I have no concept of how tough it is to find a table while playing 8 and if the extra effort spent on it would hurt your ROI.

GrekeHaus
05-31-2005, 12:42 AM
Here is an actual conversation that took place between Yugo and myself via AIM earlier tonight.

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">TheYugoslav</font>: ur my luckbox
<font color="blue">TheYugoslav</font>: i love u
<font color="blue">TheYugoslav</font>: will u marry me?
<font color="red">GrekeHaus</font>: wanna do it?
<font color="blue">TheYugoslav</font>: u saved me whole set!!!
<font color="blue">TheYugoslav</font>: single handedly!

[/ QUOTE ]

This conversation is clear evidence of two things:

1) Yugo is gay.
2) I'm the greatest.

That is all.

SlackerMcFly
05-31-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
TheYugoslav: u saved me whole set!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) Yugo is gay.
2) I'm the greatest.

[/ QUOTE ]

3. Yugo is a pirate. Aaargh....

SuitedSixes
05-31-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) Yugo is gay.
2) I'm the greatest.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
3A. Yugo is a leprechaun.

ReDeYES88
05-31-2005, 01:41 AM
I really wish i had a full body condom right about now .. .

johnnybeef
05-31-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) Yugo is gay.
2) I'm the greatest.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
3A. Yugo is a leprechaun.

[/ QUOTE ]

3B Yugo is Ali G.....respect

jgunnip
05-31-2005, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YO IT BE RESPEK!

johnnybeef
05-31-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YO IT BE RESPEK!

[/ QUOTE ]

WHU EVA

jgunnip
05-31-2005, 01:57 AM
Borat like Pokah
Do u like Pokah?
Borat like to ah Pokah me woman no?
HAHA Hive Five!

The Yugoslavian
05-31-2005, 05:07 AM
Jesus....ugh.....bah.....

$#@^!@%#@!%@!#$@!#$%@!#%@!#%@!#%

I even played a 215 at the end due to TheUsher's insistence and my sleep depraved state.

I lost it, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

My results should be forthcoming....I finished up...which is nice....in terms of ROI I fully expect it to be like 1 or 2% though, bwhahahahaha!

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

So.....I'm going to sleep.

This has barely been worth it...maybe...I dunno....

My brain is broken....Irie even told me so earlier today...and he was right....I can't even think straight...

Bwahahahhahahaha.....WTF_PWN3D...HOLLA!?!?!

3u0

Yugoslav

Jman28
05-31-2005, 05:12 AM
Congrats Yugo.

Even if you only made like $9, it's still an accomplishment. Plus, it inspired the above post, which is incredible.

GrekeHaus
05-31-2005, 05:15 AM
Party is rigged.

That is all.

NYCNative
05-31-2005, 05:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
in terms of ROI I fully expect it to be like 1 or 2% though, bwhahahahaha!

[/ QUOTE ]Alright! You made money! Sweet!

FatalError
05-31-2005, 05:32 AM
he probably made 3x as much in rakeback as he did in tournaments

The Yugoslavian
05-31-2005, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he probably made 3x as much in rakeback as he did in tournaments

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BWahahahahahah!

3u0

Yugoslav
Who thinks you may be right...

The Yugoslavian
05-31-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in terms of ROI I fully expect it to be like 1 or 2% though, bwhahahahaha!

[/ QUOTE ]Alright! You made money! Sweet!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes...I should be able to sort it out tonight after work and get back to everyone on some specifics.

It may be difficult b/c Empire stopped sending me HHs and Eurobet did too....and there are disrepencies between the HHs saved to my hard drive and the tournaments I actually played....so it will take some effort to figure it out on like very little sleep and without a functioning brain.

I have preliminary gorilla math numbers but I won't share those yet....

Yugoslav

microbet
05-31-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many bananas you won?

The Yugoslavian
05-31-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many bananas you won?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like 17...but I ate them all last night in a flurry poker induced drunken celebration.... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I think my apartmentmate was very confused as I yelled:

'SHIP IT!!! BWHAHAHAHAHA BANANAS FOR ALLL!!?!?! DO YOU WANT CHAMPIONSHIP BANANA!!!??!?! I WON IN ONLINE POKAH!!?? BAAHAHAHBWHAHHAHAHAHAHA! 3u0 BITCHES!!!!!!'

At least I didn't lose any bananas during the challenge.

As Gwen says...this challenge was 'BANANAS, B-A-N-A-N-A-S.'

Yugoslav
Who can't believe none of his so called 'friends' didn't talk him out of it....

The Yugoslavian
05-31-2005, 02:50 PM
In the one $215 I played as part of my last set the following crucial hand came up.

I blame TheUsher *fully* for me even playing this hand and not force folding pre-flop, /images/graemlins/wink.gif. My line if I check pre-flop would be a bit different as well. However, I am not familiar with $215ers at all and TheUsher had good notes on this guy which my decisions were based upon.

Villian is lirarerik for the $215ers who recognize that name. This information is crucial to how the hand was played.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t745)
SB (t905)
Hero (t975)
UTG (t910)
UTG+1 (t1270)
MP1 (t1875)
MP2 (t1160)
MP3 (t1200)
CO (t960)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t60) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t50</font>, Hero calls t50.

Turn: (t160) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t78</font>, SB calls t78.

River: (t316) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t175</font>.

Hero?

Yugoslav

Nottom
05-31-2005, 03:56 PM
Grows some balls and pooshes!!!!

GrekeHaus
05-31-2005, 04:06 PM
This tough decision could have been avoided had you just pushed preflop.

The Yugoslavian
05-31-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Grows some balls and pooshes!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this line unless I have no piece of the board.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Yugoslav

microbet
05-31-2005, 07:47 PM
Yep, 2nd pair, crappy kicker, no draw.

There is no reason to call this down. The only reason to call the flop is to set up a bluff. If you are going to do that, you should probably make a decent sized raise on the turn to represent trips that are now protecting against the draws. If you want to represent hitting the straight on the turn, I guess you can wait until the river and push.

If you are going to make a gigabet-like move, I think you should raise the turn because you can still represent a solid hand without risking your whole stack.

This is exactly what I didn't do when I was playing against SevnFigures last night where I made a stupid-ass bluff with my whole stack.

In the other thread, I was talking about times where you are probably ahead of a donkey who is trying to make value bets with 2nd pair or TPcrappyK.

Gigabet, if you don't think my use of 'gigabet-like' is appropriate here, feel free to challenge me to a $10 HU match.

The Yugoslavian
05-31-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yep, 2nd pair, crappy kicker, no draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah....figured it was best ~66% of the time.

[ QUOTE ]

There is no reason to call this down.

[/ QUOTE ]

TheUsher says this guy will auto bet this flop with any two and will be completing with most hands (that aren't already quite strong) in this situation pre-flop. Any two is a very large range. I am ahead of it most of the time.

[ QUOTE ]

The only reason to call the flop is to set up a bluff. If you are going to do that, you should probably make a decent sized raise on the turn to represent trips that are now protecting against the draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I can't raise on the turn...so I put in a bet that would either be a value bet if he has overs or would be enough to make him give up with his nothing hand. Frankly, one aspect of this plan is to induce him to want to bluff the river...the question then is what river bet is callable (means 'I am bluffing')?

[ QUOTE ]

If you want to represent hitting the straight on the turn, I guess you can wait until the river and push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh...pushing so much into the pot if I check behind on the turn planning on raising his bet seems too risky. But this would be 'giga-like' as far as I can tell, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

[ QUOTE ]

If you are going to make a gigabet-like move, I think you should raise the turn because you can still represent a solid hand without risking your whole stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I CAN'T RAISE THE TURN!!! HE DIDN'T BET!!!

If you mean go allin on the river...I thought about this for a few seconds among other actions.

[ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I didn't do when I was playing against SevnFigures last night where I made a stupid-ass bluff with my whole stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do tell, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

[ QUOTE ]

In the other thread, I was talking about times where you are probably ahead of a donkey who is trying to make value bets with 2nd pair or TPcrappyK.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this situation different?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Gigabet, if you don't think my use of 'gigabet-like' is appropriate here, feel free to challenge me to a $10 HU match.

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll probably spot you $2, /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Oh...and to the original hand that I posted....what do you do on the river? Am I correct to assume it's a clear fold in your opinion here??

Yugoslav

microbet
05-31-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

TheUsher says this guy will auto bet this flop with any two and will be completing with most hands (that aren't already quite strong) in this situation pre-flop. Any two is a very large range. I am ahead of it most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, one player to a hand please. Ok, I noticed something where you knew something about this opponant, but didn't know what you knew.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The only reason to call the flop is to set up a bluff. If you are going to do that, you should probably make a decent sized raise on the turn to represent trips that are now protecting against the draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I can't raise on the turn...so I put in a bet that would either be a value bet if he has overs or would be enough to make him give up with his nothing hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. Baby Jebus is crying. I think you needed to bet more. I don't think 78 as opposed to 80 or 75 helps, but what do I know?

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, one aspect of this plan is to induce him to want to bluff the river...the question then is what river bet is callable (means 'I am bluffing')?

[/ QUOTE ]

That made baby Jebus puke. You want him to bluff into you so you can call with a pair of 5s-9kicker in level 2. You need to be the bluffer; he needs to be the bluffee, IMO.
[ QUOTE ]
I CAN'T RAISE THE TURN!!! HE DIDN'T BET!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, my bad, but don't go near my mother's skull!!!

You could either raise more, or check and make your move on the river. That might still let you keep your chips. If I were going to play the hand, I'd bet pot on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
If you mean go allin on the river...I thought about this for a few seconds among other actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

A possibility. I don't think the whole line that results in an allin bluff is good here and I don't think it is Giga-like. His recently posted allin bluff was in the live MTT on the bubble, with huge FE (if I recall). His laggy bluffs early in the $215 were ones that allowed him to keep a playable stack if they didn't work.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do tell, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Utterly idiotic. Just a post oak bluff allin in level 2 or 3 with a KKx board, 2nd to act out of 3, way way overbetting the pot. Playing with someone, who for some reason, I want to beat for reasons other than just the money, makes me inclined to tilt. I still resist the tilt most of the time, but sometimes it gets me.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this situation different?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 2nd pair, crappy kicker. I want to beat top pair crappy kicker and 2nd pair any kicker before I call down the donkey. 2nd pair crappy kicker only beats uber-donkeys or geniuses.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll probably spot you $2, /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll spot him $2.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh...and to the original hand that I posted....what do you do on the river? Am I correct to assume it's a clear fold in your opinion here??

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not clear at all. I presume in the $215s he knows how to make a bet small enough to look like it wants a call and big enough to scare you a bit, without risking a huge portion of his stack. You now have to call 175 to win about 500. I think there's enough of a chance that he thinks you are full of s.h.i.t. with that 78 bet that this call is profitable.

Nottom
05-31-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Alright, one player to a hand please. Ok, I noticed something where you knew something about this opponant, but didn't know what you knew.

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as people want there to be, there is no such rule in online poker.

The Yugoslavian
05-31-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I want stats. If not stats, just how much $$ won or lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ended up $670, $1105 with rakeback. Since TheUsher is fading half of my failed $215 attempt, it really is $1210 or so. Without the $215 thrown in, I would have been at $1320 (+/- whatever the substituted $55 result would have been).

[ QUOTE ]

Who cares about the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously....I PROFITED BITCH! That's all that really matters. $4/trny...I can live with that - EZ.

[ QUOTE ]

I love not knowing what my ROI is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is v v v tiny for this 400 (except the 31 $22s I played...I pwn3d those hardcore). I can attribute this to many, many things....here is a quick list:
1. Until Saturday I hadn't played more than 80 $55s. Adjusting wasn't instantaneous (or completed by the end of the 400).
2. I don't really 8 table...or very well.
3. My brain was fried after like middle of day 2....I had to keep repairing it on a minute to minute basis....but no permanent solution was found.
4. I got off to a very very bad run in the $55s....probably was stuck like $1.5k at the end of Saturday.
5. My luckbox didn't carry me to victory in the $215 I played like it was supposed to.
6. Messy_Jessy was at like 1/3 of all of the $55 tables I played. I now hate him and his girl!!!

So....thanks to everyone for their support....could I have done it without it? Maybe....but there were several points where the mental, emotional and psychological strain was building and being able to discuss different things with so many different players/people carried me through.

I'd like to give a special shot out to the 2+2ers who kept me company at my tables (and did their very best to thwart my attempt at a +$ quest): Messy Jessy, John Hurst, J-Lo, StupidSucker, Newt Buggs, Unarmed, Duece2High, ripped, kyro, tech, sapster, JasonP530 (who I *thought* played the 215s...meh). I'm sure there were more of you out there pwning me hardcore...but whatever.

So yeah....no STTs for me tonight....there will be much sleeping going on, however. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yugoslav

runner4life7
05-31-2005, 11:16 PM
congrats and well done, must feel nice to finally be done.

SlackerMcFly
05-31-2005, 11:16 PM
Outstanding! You played more STTs in a weekend than I have played (ever)... I kept trying to find a tourney to enter that you were in just to contribute to your ROI, but never could get the timing down right.

Congrats on surviving the challenge!

SlackerWhoStillSingleTables22'sWithSuccessJustNotT hisWeekend

Unarmed
05-31-2005, 11:21 PM
LOL - You kill me man.
NICE WORK /images/graemlins/grin.gif

microbet
05-31-2005, 11:57 PM
I'm 99% sure you know I was kidding. Now I'm 100%.

adanthar
06-01-2005, 05:01 PM
I don't know who this is at all, but I think I check the turn. Clear fold on the river barring a read.

Oh yeah, nice challenge. I really have to motivate myself to play more.

LotsOfOuts69
06-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Final stats?

The Yugoslavian
06-01-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Final stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like ROI, ITM and stuff? Meh, not worth me trying to figure out...knowing them simply won't help me in any way.

I did post bankroll won/lost....even though I'd prefer to just not post anything about the results I had except I was able to successfully play 400 of them.

I actually was just talking with my boss at work about my weekend activities. She was like 'your eyes look a bit puffy, are you feeling ok or having bad allergies?' And so I related to her that I had to cut down on sleep in order to finish a personal quest that I was engaged in. So she asked about that and I explained to her that I basically played 50 hours of poker playing 8 hands at a time...she wouldn't stop laughing...she even called my apartmentmate into her office to inquire into whether it was true or not and if I ever left my room (her answer was...'maybe once, so he could go to the bathroom I think').

Perhaps she's going to pretend to fire me like the last time I came back from Vegas (after also being sick for a week)..../images/graemlins/mad.gif.

Yugoslav

microbet
06-01-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm just defending my post against andathar's better post.

Most of what I said was IF I was playing this hand. Unless I really wanted to make a move, which I think is probably a decent thing to do once or twice a game in a $215 (but what do I know about that?), I would check/fold it. Maybe the flop bet is small enough to call.

Had you checked the turn, the river would certainly be an easy fold, if he made anything but a tiny bet.

Do you think being in the $215 tilted you a little bit? I wouldn't be surprised if I were a little tilty at first.

The Yugoslavian
06-01-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Do you think being in the $215 tilted you a little bit? I wouldn't be surprised if I were a little tilty at first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tilty? No...this was the only hand really that required any attention anyway. The only other one of consequence was when I had QQ and got allin vs. A9 and lost.

Did I enter the $215 b/c I was tilty? That's more likely but I think I'm just a pushover when TheUsher tells me to move up and/or 'take a shot' /images/graemlins/blush.gif.

I called on the river, btw....the hand wasn't played with any 'tilt'...although still could have been played very poorly by me. I was going off of what TheUsher's opinion of the opponent and hand was....I thought about the river bet for quite a while. I felt I was ahead enough of the time to call - it frankly seemed to large to be a value bet but not so large that my opponent couldn't then fold to a raise. If I had no hand, then pushing wasn't necessarily a bad idea, IMO. Turns out, to win the hand, I probably need to push the river anyway...altho I have no idea if this opponent was capable of then calling that push.

As far as playing or not playing the hand...I normally wouldn't play it. BUT, the read was that this opponent will limp/bet from the SB with a huge range. My t78 bet was supposed to be fishy....either garnering a call or fold. With either I figured I rated to be ahead with most rivers.

I'm pretty sure I posted this hoping Gigabet would see it, exclaim that I had potential to be a STT god, and invite me to Iowa for special training with him.

Oh well, guess it didn't work out according to plan, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav

Maulik
09-12-2005, 10:21 AM
i haven't read any of the responses just yet, but I think checking behind on the turn and calling a reasonable bet is good, even with the board pairing.

MegaBet
09-12-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i haven't read any of the responses just yet, but I think checking behind on the turn and calling a reasonable bet is good, even with the board pairing.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL this thread died over 3 months ago!

Sponger15SB
09-12-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I ended up $670, $1105 with rakeback. Since TheUsher is fading half of my failed $215 attempt, it really is $1210 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get ready for a 10 OOTM streak today.

bahahahaha

The Yugoslavian
09-12-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently it's a classic, /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Sponger: Huh?! You do realize this thread is like a bajillion threads old, right?!

Oh.....and to anyone who is thinking about playing 400 STTs in 4 days who isn't a huge volume player....don't. It's stupid and I think I got worse at poker b/c of it and wanted to /nooselife.

Yugoslav

raptor517
09-12-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently it's a classic, /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Sponger: Huh?! You do realize this thread is like a bajillion threads old, right?!

Oh.....and to anyone who is thinking about playing 400 STTs in 4 days who isn't a huge volume player....don't. It's stupid and I think I got worse at poker b/c of it and wanted to /nooselife.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh.. it really brings ya back..

http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=&amp;Number=1910813&amp;page=&amp;view =&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=

holla

KramerTM
09-12-2005, 01:18 PM
This thread reminds me of the quote, "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."