PDA

View Full Version : Blind under attack, when to 3bet instead of call?

[censored]
05-29-2005, 04:19 AM
One problem I seem to have with my blinds is when facing a raise from the button or Co with a hand I want to defend with is when should I look to 3bet and when to call? Should I be 3 betting with hands that I would open raise with, but calling with hands like q8s+, Kxo, 97s. How about hands like A6o?

against the more aggressive do I want to call more looking to hit the flop before doing much post flop?

[censored]
05-29-2005, 12:16 PM
anyone?

Hagrid
05-29-2005, 12:46 PM
I usually 3 bet any hand that I want to play against a possible steal.

Isura
05-29-2005, 01:59 PM
If this is the BB and it's HU, I generally tend to 3bet hands that have showdown value (pairs, Ax etc), and flat call with stuff like 76s and Q9o. The reason is that hands like A7o win a lot unimproved, while 76s doesn't. So you'd like to play speculative hands for less bets preflop, and play more for implied odds. But at higher limits I imagine it is more important to mix up your play a lot more. But at small stakes, this strategy is pretty effective against weak postflop players.

[censored]
05-29-2005, 02:16 PM
OK that makes alot of sense, thank you. So basically you are 3betting hands where you might check call the river unimproved?