PDA

View Full Version : Troubled hand $150 sng

slavic
05-29-2005, 04:07 AM
10 hands into the tourney and I'm slightly outchipped by everyone but all stacks are relatively equal still. No big bullys yet. I have T925 after posting the small blind.

The action folds around to a really bad player who limps(note we don't know quite how bad yet) in the cutoff. Button overlimps and I complete with K9o, BB checks the option.

Pot T120 QT7 with 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif's I have the K of /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet out 60, BB folds, CO folds, Button calls.The button has me covered by around 200 chips, and doesn't seem unreasonable.

turn
Pot T240 K
I check, Button bets $225, and I call

(T690)River is a J offsuit

I check, button bets $125, I ponder and call.

Bigwig
05-29-2005, 04:15 AM
Why are you betting into three opponents on the flop with a gut-shot and a possibly dead overcard?

Sykes
05-29-2005, 04:24 AM
Fold pre-flop

How are you this awful and playing $150's.

slavic
05-29-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold pre-flop

How are you this awful and playing $150's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't post this hand to say how great I am. If your looking for an ego poster to go after I'm sorry but I'm not your guy. I was clear in the title that his is a trouble hand and it's out of position and it's a big bet game, worse a tourney.

slavic
05-29-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you betting into three opponents on the flop with a gut-shot and a possibly dead overcard?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop I have a gutshot with an overcard and and a backdoor flush with another lower straight backdoor. If I check and someone min bets I'll probably have to call, especially if it's the darn button so I decided to play a passing bet just to see what happens.

If I'm raised I likely toss, if called we see a another card. If they all fold bonus. People play fairly tight early in small pots so I thought they all fold a 3rd of the time and made the pass.