PDA

View Full Version : Apartment Girls

joecash
05-29-2005, 03:41 AM
This thread is kinda similar to the MILF ome - but no MILF here - just a girl - maybe 2 - I'm intrersted in - that lives on my floor.

I can talk pretty easily to this one girl the couple times I've run in to her. I saw her as she was comng back today from some luncheon. WOW, was she looking hot - great hair, hot legs - great face, eyes - she has the whole package. I really don't get nervous - we talked for a few about the apartment complex...the good and bad, etc.

My problem is taking it to the next level and asking her out...how to do it? Wait until I see her - or go over to her place? Going over to ask her out seems a lot harder - but if I wait to see her - who knows how long it could take.

I want to get her over to my place maybe - by offereing her something to eat or drink maybe - and then go from there. Is that too kmuch to expect her to come inside my place? It's almost a date right there in a way..would she be intimidated by that?

I dunno...I'd like some female opinions if possible..

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 03:43 AM
Here we go again...

Jakesta
05-29-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here we go again...

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to give the over-under on # of posts until it is mentioned?

scotty34
05-29-2005, 03:45 AM
There would be absolutely nothing wrong with asking her if she wants to come over for a drink and chat. Just a "get to know your neighbours" type thing. If she would ever be at all interested in you, I don't think she would refuse this. Just make it a very casual get together to start with, then re-evaluate on the turn.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 03:46 AM
Well, I was going to throw this (http://www.quarterlifecrisis.com/forums/index.php) in there too. Haven't seen it in a while.

Jakesta
05-29-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I was going to throw this (http://www.quarterlifecrisis.com/forums/index.php) in there too. Haven't seen it in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I've lurked their forums for awhile. Lots of interesting posts.

bernie
05-29-2005, 03:52 AM
read oreogods response in the other thread.
link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2504314&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=31&vc=1)

b

joecash
05-29-2005, 03:58 AM
Let's say I was going to ask her out - to say a baseball game. Should I try to find out b/f status first - or just ask straight away and let her bring up any bf. I'm thinking the 2nd way is better.

And what;s a good response if she has a bf? Keep trying - or back off?

scotty34
05-29-2005, 04:12 AM
If you plan to ask her out somewhere, ask her, and let her bring up her b/f. How to proceed depends on when she decides to bring up her b/f. If she lets you know right away, chances are she is not interested at the time, and it would take a lot of skillful work to wedge. If she doesn't bring it up for a long time, there is a much better chance that you will be able to get in there.

Also, the good response if she has a b/f depends on other factors. I would make sure I knew what this guy looked like(how big he is), and if he had any psycho tendencies.

Macdaddy Warsaw
05-29-2005, 04:16 AM
Seriously, don't play these games in your head. Nobody likes games.

Just go to her door, knock on it, when she answers, say, "Hey, I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date sometime."

Use the word date. It's meaning is clear.

If she says, "Yes.", say ok, and take it from there. If she says,"No.", then she either has a bf or is uninterested.

Simple.

joecash
05-29-2005, 04:39 AM
Direct sounds good. Only thing is - she lives right by me. SO if she says no, it would be kind of awkward ever time I see her. That's the real catch I guess. If it's at a bar or restuarant, I probably don't see her again - but when she lives 3 doors down its different - at least to me.

Am I blowing this out of proportion?

jaxUp
05-29-2005, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

Macdaddy Warsaw
05-29-2005, 05:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, and how. There is nothing awkward about being turned down for a date.

E.g. I met this girl at a party, we talked, whatever. At some later point, I asked her out on a date (this is after she tells me she's not looking for a boyfriend, so I'm already being brash). She says, I'll go, but it's a non-date. Half way through the non-date, she tells me, ok, It's a date. We ended up seeing each other until the end of the school year.

So, like I said, there's nothing awkward about being turned down, maybe you'll get a "non-date" out of it, and have a good time.

Whatever, just do it. Going out is fun.

LaggyLou
05-29-2005, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Direct sounds good. Only thing is - she lives right by me. SO if she says no, it would be kind of awkward ever time I see her. That's the real catch I guess. If it's at a bar or restuarant, I probably don't see her again - but when she lives 3 doors down its different - at least to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

WAAAAAAAAAAY out of proportion. So she turns you down. So what? There is nothing to be embarrassed or akward about. Just continue to be reasonably friendly as you have been.

One thing about the "non-date" thing someone else mentioned. Once is fine. But don't go down the "friends" route with a girl you have the hots for. If you go out on a "non-date" then you must have it firm in your mind -- and be ready to make it clear to her -- that if you still dig her after the "non-date" then there will be no more of the "just friends" thing.

gorie
05-29-2005, 09:58 AM
just ask her if she wants to hang out sometime.

Pocket Trips
05-29-2005, 10:46 AM
First of all JoeCash, you never let on how much you like a girl. "Oh, Debbie. Hi." Two, you always call the shots. "Kiss me. You won't regret it." Now three, act like wherever you are, that's the place to be. "Isn't this great?" Four, when ordering food, you find out what she wants, then order for the both of you. It's a classy move. "Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice." And five, now this is the most important, JoeCash. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV.

DMBFan23
05-29-2005, 10:53 AM
I agree with most of that, but I think ordering for the girl isn't as cool as it used to be

gonores
05-29-2005, 11:06 AM
Drive around the block in your super-hot, super-sexy, all-things-to-all-women RX-8 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=2476854&Fo rum=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main =2476854&Search=true&where=&Name=29141&daterange=& newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev =#Post2476854) .

Do this for hours and hours and hours, until she finally comes out of the apartment to go wherever. Ask her if she needs a ride. If she says something to the tune of "I would, but then I wouldn't have a ride back," offer to pick her up and take her out for a drink. If she says "I'm just going down the street to pick up some groceries/motor oil/human kidneys/whatever," tell her you have to pick some up too.

Ugh...I just typed this whole thing up as a joke and just realized that a guy like this might take me seriously. I mean, honestly, who comes to the OOT section of a poker forum to ask for advice on women?

Clarkmeister
05-29-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I mean, honestly, who comes to the OOT section of a poker forum to ask for advice on women?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone who could never get in the position of being Dienered.

HopeydaFish
05-29-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just ask her if she wants to go out for a drink sometime. If she mentions a boyfriend at this point, she's either not interested or really has a boyfriend. If this happens, there's no reason for awkwardness afterwards. Just go on like nothing happened and don't ask again.

If she says "yes", have a date ready in your mind, don't leave it up in the air as to when the drink might happen. "How about after work tomorrow?" or "How about sometime this weekend?" etc... It'll save you having to go through the angst of asking her a *second* time for the same date.

fsuplayer
05-29-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Drive around the block in your super-hot, super-sexy, all-things-to-all-women RX-8 .

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir.

gonores
05-29-2005, 11:14 AM
lol...wtf? Is there a sign on my head? Is it "rip gonores" day here at the ballpark?

Clarkmeister
05-29-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lol...wtf? Is there a sign on my head? Is it "rip gonores" day here at the ballpark?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, no, it was a tip of the cap. In other words, someone who could never even talk to some random hot chick in a bar is someone who would post "how do I ask some chick out on a date" in OOT.

gonores
05-29-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, no, it was a tip of the cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha...fair enough. It's been a long time since I've ever considering my Dienering as a good thing.

Clarkmeister
05-29-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, no, it was a tip of the cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha...fair enough. It's been a long time since I've ever considering my Dienering as a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, based on the threads here recently, it makes you an OOT god. "Dougie, tell us again about that time you almost picked up a hottie at a bar!" The OOTer losers ooh and aah as they imagine what it must be like to pick up a chick.

jakethebake
05-29-2005, 12:21 PM
I really thought I was going to get a good webcam recommendation out of this thread.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 12:24 PM
It is kind of disappointing, but come on - you knew we were overdue for the pathetic "how do I ask a girl out" loser thread. It's also been a while since our last "this chick was totally all over me in class today she kept licking her lips and rubbing her nipples do you think she wants me what do I do" thread. Whose turn is it to bring that one back?

jakethebake
05-29-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is kind of disappointing, but come on - you knew we were overdue for the pathetic "how do I ask a girl out" loser thread. It's also been a while since our last "this chick was totally all over me in class today she kept licking her lips and rubbing her nipples do you think she wants me what do I do" thread. Whose turn is it to bring that one back?

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "awhile" you mean YESTERDAY (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2500561&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) , then yes.

joecash
05-29-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Drive around the block in your super-hot, super-sexy, all-things-to-all-women RX-8 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=2476854&Fo rum=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main =2476854&Search=true&where=&Name=29141&daterange=& newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev =#Post2476854) .

Do this for hours and hours and hours, until she finally comes out of the apartment to go wherever. Ask her if she needs a ride. If she says something to the tune of "I would, but then I wouldn't have a ride back," offer to pick her up and take her out for a drink. If she says "I'm just going down the street to pick up some groceries/motor oil/human kidneys/whatever," tell her you have to pick some up too.

Ugh...I just typed this whole thing up as a joke and just realized that a guy like this might take me seriously. I mean, honestly, who comes to the OOT section of a poker forum to ask for advice on women?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever.

Anyway, thanks to the other non-assholes for your comments.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "awhile" you mean YESTERDAY (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2500561&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) , then yes.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, this is missing the "she's falling all over herself trying to get on me, what do I do - oh wait I just wanted to brag that a {questionably} hot woman actually looked at me" element.

jakethebake
05-29-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, this is missing the "she's falling all over herself trying to get on me, what do I do - oh wait I just wanted to brag that a {questionably} hot woman actually looked at me" element.

[/ QUOTE ]

It fit the first category you mentioned, not the second.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It fit the first category you mentioned, not the second.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right, but these two happened close enough together (yesterday/last night) that I give them the same effective timestamp.

jakethebake
05-29-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Right, but these two happened close enough together (yesterday/last night) that I give them the same effective timestamp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.

BWebb
05-29-2005, 12:51 PM
This post and my post are totally different. I have no problem asking girls out, but my situation is a special one. She has kids and I don't really see her around the apartment. If I was like this OP and I talked to her all the time like he does, there would be no questions to ask. My situation is a different.

renodoc
05-29-2005, 12:52 PM
in reality, side two of Physical Graffiti

jakethebake
05-29-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This post and my post are totally different. I have no problem asking girls out, but my situation is a special one. She has kids and I don't really see her around the apartment. If I was like this OP and I talked to her all the time like he does, there would be no questions to ask. My situation is a different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although your two posts are different, they're still both pathetic "how do I ask a girl out" loser threads.

OtisTheMarsupial
05-29-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you knew we were overdue for the pathetic "how do I ask a girl out" loser thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

9 out of 10 decent human beings prefer this thread to the "women are douchebags" threads.

tbach24
05-29-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you knew we were overdue for the pathetic "how do I ask a girl out" loser thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

9 out of 10 decent human beings prefer this thread to the "women are douchebags" threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what portion of OOTiots prefer this one?

OtisTheMarsupial
05-29-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm... about 30-50% maybe?
not sure. But I am guessing there are many female lurkers who get a really horrible perception of all 2+2 boys.
I'd like to see that change.

jakethebake
05-29-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're the dork that's here to pick up chicks? I knew there had to be one.

OtisTheMarsupial
05-29-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're the dork who's here to pick up chicks? I knew there had to be one.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

yeah, moran, that's me, picking up chicks on a poker forum.
I'll start with you.
I accidentally got this DVD in the mail from Coulmbia House and I thought you might like it, Beautiful.

jakethebake
05-29-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, moran, that's me, picking up chicks on a poker forum. I'll start with you. I accidentally got this DVD in the mail from Columbia House and I thought you might like it, Beautiful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually very glad to have seen your posts, because I was not previously aware that a jackass was a marsupial. You should try not make stupid mistakes in the very posts in which you're correcting someone else. It makes you look even stupider than everyone already knows you are.

And I have no idea what you're talking about. Wtf does Columbia House have to do with anything?

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wtf does Columbia House have to do with anything?

[/ QUOTE ]
Check the MILF next door thread, my man.

Pocket Trips
05-29-2005, 07:51 PM
he is referring to the other thread in which somme1 suggested the best way to pick up a MILF was to buy a kids dvd and then say i got it by mistake.. but he is further proving what a jackass he is because it wqas not you who suggested this...

so in closing.. if you are going to criticize someone at least make sure you are making fun of the right person...

man what a tool!!!

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm... about 30-50% maybe?
not sure. But I am guessing there are many female lurkers who get a really horrible perception of all 2+2 boys.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the women want the board to have a more feminine voice, then the women need to quit lurking and start posting. Also, they need to quit being so damned sensitive and whiny if this is really a problem - we're all just joking around.

OtisTheMarsupial
05-29-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the women want the board to have a more feminine voice, then the women need to quit lurking and start posting. Also, they need to quit being so damned sensitive and whiny if this is really a problem - we're all just joking around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not more feminine, just less misogynistic.

They are posting. They are using pseudonyms so they don't receive the harassment Gorie and Peachy get.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They are posting. They are using pseudonyms so they don't receive the harassment Gorie and Peachy get.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then they should quit passing themselves as men and show that there are more than 2 or 3 women here. As of right now, this is a man's forum and that's the way it operates. If they want more voice as women, then they should show up as women. Men en masse are going to be more crude than a more balanced population of men and women. If the women keep hiding, then they're not going to get what they want and they don't deserve it, either. I'm sorry if this is a bit blunt, but if you want something, you can't just hide somewhere and expect for it to magically appear for you.

For better or worse, just as you are what you eat, this community is the people who participate in it. If you want it to be more representative of you, then you have to participate in it.

jakethebake
05-29-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
we're all very impressed with your vocabulary if not your complete lack of a sense of humor.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

on average, gorie & peachy don't really get harrassed any more than anyone else here. but i'm guessing you're wrong. there aren't a bunch of women posting anonymously. gorie probably gets less because she's a good poster. peachy probably gets more because she's a troll.

Punker
05-29-2005, 08:24 PM
SIIHP

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
on average, gorie & peachy don't really get harrassed any more than anyone else here. but i'm guessing you're wrong. there aren't a bunch of women posting anonymously. gorie probably gets less because she's a good poster. peachy probably gets more because she's a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. I forgot to get this into my last post. It's all about how good a poster you are. If you're a good poster, people will like you. If you're a shitass retard poster, then you're going to catch hell, male or female.

jakethebake
05-29-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes. I forgot to get this into my last post. It's all about how good a poster you are. If you're a good poster, people will like you. If you're a shitass retard poster, then you're going to catch hell, male or female.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps otis should instead take up the cause of defending shitass retarts because they take way too much [censored] in oot. i tried to post as a non-shitass retart for awhile, but i couldn't pass. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 08:29 PM
Oh yeah and I almost forgot:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/pwarcham/OOTtub.jpg

OtisTheMarsupial
05-29-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

As of right now, this is a man's forum and that's the way it operates.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH, and men hate women?
News flash, plenty of other forums are mostly male.
Many if not most are not nearly as misogynistic as this one.
Not even the majority of OOT posters are women-haters.

[ QUOTE ]

If they want more voice as women, then they should show up as women.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not more voice, less hatred.
What do you not understand?

Should a forum have more black people posting so it's less racist?
Use your brain.

[ QUOTE ]
If the women keep hiding, then they're not going to get what they want and they don't deserve it, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly your point. You don't think women deserve to be treated with respect.

[ QUOTE ]

if you want something, you can't just hide somewhere and expect for it to magically appear for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling out the idiots isn't exactly magic.

Using a pseudonym isn't hiding. Cuz I'm pretty sure del Poker Grande isn't your real last name.

tbach24
05-29-2005, 08:55 PM
It's been too long since we've seen that. I don't understand what's gay in this thread tho.

tbach24
05-29-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Use your brain.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is retarded. If the retards in this forum have a problem with me saying retarded, please speak up.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OH, and men hate women?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Use your brain.

[ QUOTE ]
If the women keep hiding, then they're not going to get what they want and they don't deserve it, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly your point. You don't think women deserve to be treated with respect.

[ QUOTE ]

if you want something, you can't just hide somewhere and expect for it to magically appear for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Using a pseudonym isn't hiding. Cuz I'm pretty sure del Poker Grande isn't your real last name.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you just here to pick a fight with me and call me all kinds of sexist? Let's keep the red herrings and melodrama for the Politics forum. Thanks for throwing in some racism there too - that was classy.

My point isn't that women don't deserve respect or that anybody in here hates women. The point is that you're not going to get anything by hiding from it behind a man's name. I am not hiding because I don't use my real last name. I'm not sitting here with an ambiguous name or a female name to hide who I am. I'd encourage the women to do likewise. Why are you so ashamed to be a woman? Come in here and contribute, you'll get the respect that you deserve, and I promise you'll have a much better experience here. If you're not willing to even show your face, I don't see why you deserve any more respect than the default respect for a stranger passing on the street. This has nothing to do with you being a man or a woman - it applies to everybody. If you want more than the default stranger level of respect, then you need to earn it.

This forum is all about stupid, meaningless threads, loosening up a bit, and people being charicatures of themselves. You are not understanding that we're all joking around here and this is how guys joke around when it's just a bunch of guys. Just as girls act differently when it's just a bunch of girls, guys act differently if it's just a bunch of guys than if it's a more representative population.

Now, I don't really care to get much more into this crap. All I can say to you is that you need to loosen up a bit, show your face, and remember that damn near everything here is said with tongue firmly in cheek. If you can't handle that, then maybe there's a better forum for you to hang out in. I'm not trying to tell you to leave, in fact I hope you don't and that you and others (continue to) contribute, but if you seriously can't handle it, you'd probably be better off somewhere else. If there are several women lurking here (why they're lurking here if it's such a terrible place, I don't know), then I encourage them to quit lurking, join in the community, and make it a better representation of who's actually here.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OH, and men hate women?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is just making stuff up. We don't hate women.
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Use your brain.

[/ QUOTE ]
Red herring. You're really pulling things out of your ass.
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No. They aren't undeserving of respect because they're women. They're undeserving of getting what they want because they're unwilling to get it for themselves and are instead hiding and expecting it to just fall into their lap. It's time to get out of the entitlement mentality and start making things for yourself. This has nothing to do with gender, as it applies to everyone.
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is just silly. I'm not hiding. I'm not using some ambiguous name or pretending to be something I'm not. If you met me on the street, I'd tell you my name is Patrick. I've given you just as much here as I would if you approached me on the street or anywhere else.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Oh yeah, and you're always going to get your share of assholes, pigs, and general idiots on any internet forum. This forum is certainly no exception and the relatively easygoing atmosphere of OOT sometimes tends to magnify the effect in some people. I'm not going to defend these people specifically, but that's life. What can you do? Deal with it. Be mature enough to realize that this is going to happen, grow some thicker skin, and be on with your life.

Pocket Trips
05-29-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OH, and men hate women?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Use your brain.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you just here to pick a fight with me and call me all kinds of sexist? Let's keep the red herrings and melodrama for the Politics forum. Thanks for throwing in some racism there too - that was classy.

My point isn't that women don't deserve respect or that anybody in here hates women. The point is that you're not going to get anything by hiding from it behind a man's name. I am not hiding because I don't use my real last name. I'm not sitting here with an ambiguous name or a female name to hide who I am. I'd encourage the women to do likewise. Why are you so ashamed to be a woman? Come in here and contribute, you'll get the respect that you deserve, and I promise you'll have a much better experience here. If you're not willing to even show your face, I don't see why you deserve any more respect than the default respect for a stranger passing on the street. This has nothing to do with you being a man or a woman - it applies to everybody. If you want more than the default stranger level of respect, then you need to earn it.

This forum is all about stupid, meaningless threads, loosening up a bit, and people being charicatures of themselves. You are not understanding that we're all joking around here and this is how guys joke around when it's just a bunch of guys. Just as girls act differently when it's just a bunch of girls, guys act differently if it's just a bunch of guys than if it's a more representative population.

Now, I don't really care to get much more into this crap. All I can say to you is that you need to loosen up a bit, show your face, and remember that damn near everything here is said with tongue firmly in cheek. If you can't handle that, then maybe there's a better forum for you to hang out in. I'm not trying to tell you to leave, in fact I hope you don't and that you and others (continue to) contribute, but if you seriously can't handle it, you'd probably be better off somewhere else. If there are several women lurking here (why they're lurking here if it's such a terrible place, I don't know), then I encourage them to quit lurking, join in the community, and make it a better representation of who's actually here.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT is no place for such sensible, well thought out commentary. You are going to ruin our reputation as mindless idiots /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

OtisTheMarsupial
05-29-2005, 09:43 PM
Re-read my post.

Clearly you can't read very well.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Re-read my post.

Clearly you can't read very well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Alright, let's just call it done then, since you're clearly more interested in trying to pick a fight for the sake of fighting than for actually getting useful discussion out of it. You've gotten in deeper than you wanted with someone who's not going to fold in front of you and now you want to quit and make claim to some sort of cheap, hollow 'victory' and intellectual superiority. That's fine. I think we can all see who has the better reading comprehension skills, so I'm not worried about that.

Seriously, though... chill out. Or chillax, as the kids like to say these days.

OtisTheMarsupial
05-29-2005, 10:06 PM
useful discussion? please...

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
useful discussion? please...

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. Talk to you later.

Oh, and got you last! Ha ha!

gorie
05-29-2005, 10:09 PM
i can see both sides.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i can see both sides.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good. I can too. I understand that the forum is a bit rough and I can understand why a woman wouldn't want to show up in here. All I'm trying to say is that you need to realize that boys will be boys and this is what happens when you've got a big mass of nearly 100% men. It's magnified by the easygoing nature of OOT that encourages everyone to just relax and let it all out. If you want it to change, get in and do something about it. Don't just pretend you're a man and hide from it and then whine that you're not getting what you want.

Gorie, you're a great poster and you're a great example of what I'm talking about. You catch more than your fair share of crap from one person in particular, but you deal with it and he actually gets his share of flack back for it from the community. We can recognize that he's the exception and is not representative of the whole of OOT. If all these women who are allegedly lurking would just come in and be like you, I think they'd see a dramatic improvement in their experience here.

gorie
05-29-2005, 11:00 PM
thanks. i agree that the girls shouldn't hide and aren't really helping anything by hiding, but whatever makes them more comfortable is fine with me. i've done it before.

i know you can excuse lot of the "women hatred" as joking around, and i can understand that a lot of it is. guys are guys. but i think some of the views expressed are also pretty sad sometimes, so i can see where otis is coming from there.

and i don't mean that i personally am feeling any hatred towards me because i'm a girl poster (i'm not - minus the obvious default) - i am simply referring to many of the generalizations made, or comments regarding women, in general. i don't think you can change a persons way of thinking by having more women posting, they might not be so open about it, though. i agree no sense in bringing racism into it, but the comparison did make sense to me.

TimTimSalabim
05-30-2005, 12:37 AM
Here's the solution to all your dating problems:

http://www.garybrodsky.com/img/cdset_date-prick_large.gif

fimbulwinter
05-30-2005, 03:46 AM
worst, most limp-wristed, loserish way to ask a girl out is to say "wanna go out sometime?"

do this on a sunday, monday or tuesday

1. start a conversation, if she laughs, leans towards you, fiddles hair etc. proceed to #2

2. after 1-2 mins of conversation look at watch, ask for time etc. you now have to go meet a friend.

3. "why don't we go X on saturday night?" X must be a defined activity. say "lets" "who don't we" and "we should", not "do you wanna?"

yea or nay you leave right then and there. if yes, you say ok, "i'll call you friday" get phone number, call at 7.

fim

Mangatang
05-30-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
worst, most limp-wristed, loserish way to ask a girl out is to say "wanna go out sometime?"

do this on a sunday, monday or tuesday

1. start a conversation, if she laughs, leans towards you, fiddles hair etc. proceed to #2

2. after 1-2 mins of conversation look at watch, ask for time etc. you now have to go meet a friend.

3. "why don't we go X on saturday night?" X must be a defined activity. say "lets" "who don't we" and "we should", not "do you wanna?"

yea or nay you leave right then and there. if yes, you say ok, "i'll call you friday" get phone number, call at 7.

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

And don't forget the most important step. Always play side 2 of Led Zepplin IV.

Cyrus
05-30-2005, 03:56 AM
Boy, have you come to the right place.

joecash
05-30-2005, 07:24 PM
OK, let the SA remarks begin, but maybe I'll get some legit responses too..

I talked to the same girl today for about 10 minutes...she made a comment about it just being "her and her dog" when talking about her family...she said she would show me her view in her apartment toward the end of the out little chat..overall, she was very friendly..

OK, would this be normal conversational stuff, including just the fact we talked for so long - not just "hey, how's it going?"....

or am I a fool and missing her signals to ask her out?

Serious comment only please.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-30-2005, 07:25 PM
[censored]! Ask her out already. Holy [censored], man. Do it.

If there was ever an actual legitimate, consistent message and lesson that always ends up being the answer in these threads, it's GROW A PAIR AND ASK THE [censored] GIRL OUT ALREADY.

tbach24
05-30-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored]! Ask her out already. Holy [censored], man. Do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either that or the RX8 around the building plan. I liked both

Little Fishy
05-30-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just make it a very casual get together to start with

[/ QUOTE ]

and then just whip it out and see what she does

Little Fishy
05-30-2005, 07:31 PM
Just because there's a goalkeep doesn't mean you can't score

oreogod
05-30-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
read oreogods response in the other thread.
link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2504314&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=31&vc=1)

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet. I got a link.

Actually I had my gf read that post just now, she says directness/bravery is a really hot commodity.

You know, Ive found that watching Humphrey Bogart films and using some of the stuff he does, is not a bad way to go either.

As corny as it sounds, you want whatever u say brief and streamlined, treat it like you are at the poker table...guide and control the action. Do things girls like, treat her like u appreciate her, but dont let her run over u. Find the right mix between being an nice guy and an A-hole. Stick up for you opinions, like I said, girls like a guy who is in control of things and situations.

They also like guys with a head on their sholders, yes even the ditzy ones. Ditzy are the easiest to meet and "hit" if thats your bag. I like girls who are smart, beautiful and will call u on your [censored]. If I had a girl like that living next door, I would follow and say what I posted in my other post. Dont act unsure and dont ask to many questions. Just say it, if she agrees, make a date and time...boom, tell her u look forward to it...then thats that.

Each girl takes a different skill set to approach. Directness is the best, its what u know and what u do afterwards that will get u were u want.

If u know what kind of girl she is, you can get an approach down that works best for her. Some girls like u to care about their feelings, some girls do not (it was intresting finding the extreme to this one out).

Guide and control. Good luck.

Cyrus
05-31-2005, 04:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I talked to the same girl today for about 10 minutes...she made a comment about it just being "her and her dog" when talking about her family...she said she would show me her view in her apartment toward the end of the out little chat..overall, she was very friendly..

OK, would this be normal conversational stuff, including just the fact we talked for so long - not just "hey, how's it going?"....

or am I a fool and missing her signals to ask her out?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good practice for cold readings.

But they already know that.