PDA

View Full Version : KK preflop

ozora tsubasa
05-29-2005, 03:05 AM
Without any reads on other players, lets say this happens:
Someone raises 6BB's preflop before you get to act, you raise to 15BB's and the other guy goes all in for about 150BB's.
Call or fold?

spoohunter
05-29-2005, 03:06 AM
Fold.

Alex/Mugaaz
05-29-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless he is a super laggy gambling fool, then yes - fold.

DoubleDown
05-29-2005, 03:55 AM
fold & move on everytime w/o a read when deep-stacked here

FreakDaddy
05-29-2005, 04:23 AM
And the assumption is that you have this covered? Too many other variables here to give a definitive answer. What was orginal raisers position, what is your position? What's your stack at?

ozora tsubasa
05-29-2005, 04:45 AM
Original raiser is first to act and I'm the button, everyone folded to his initial raise. I've his all-in covered.

[ QUOTE ]
And the assumption is that you have this covered? Too many other variables here to give a definitive answer. What was orginal raisers position, what is your position? What's your stack at?

[/ QUOTE ]

Atropos
05-29-2005, 06:01 AM
At low level party NL: Call, note it down if it's AA
At mid-high level Party NL: fold
Ultra-High NL Stakes: call

pzhon
05-29-2005, 06:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Without any reads on other players, lets say this happens:
Someone raises 6BB's preflop before you get to act, you raise to 15BB's and the other guy goes all in for about 150BB's.
Call or fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd call at any level if I'm in the big blind and the initial raiser raised in the CO, on the button, or from the small blind. The initial raise does not show much strength, and my reraise showed much less strength than normal.

If the initial raiser was UTG, I'd fold to the push at NL 100 or above because I think it will be AA more than 70% of the time. I'd call at NL 25-50 and expect to see JJ.

I'm not worried about being blown off KK by a worse hand. When I reraise, I often have AA, so someone who routinely tries to bluff push will lose on average.