PDA

View Full Version : Easy bet here?

istewart
05-29-2005, 02:41 AM
Opponent is unknown, but he seems pretty bad. Passive, like 45% VP$IP.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (2.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

And what is your plan for blank rivers?

Jakesta
05-29-2005, 02:42 AM
Ughh... I hate hands like this. It's good that you picked up your flush draw on the turn. Your turn bet is probably for value, so I make it, and bet a blank river as well, if he is really this bad.

Btw, make a note on Button that he open limps on the button, if you haven't already. That is a piss poor play.

Jaran
05-29-2005, 02:44 AM
I like a turn bet. My plan for the river really depends on the rest of the turn action, and what read, if any, I have on the button. For instance, if the button were shill and he called my turn bet, I'm folding a river blank, cuz he has me crushed. (if he calls my turn bet I lead a river blank, but I'm borderline insane)

-Jaran

Isura
05-29-2005, 03:01 AM
Easy bet. Since villain is passive, I'm not too worried about facing a raise even when he has an ace. More likely he still has no pair, so betting is good. If you're called, I check/fold the river UI.

Kumubou
05-29-2005, 03:07 AM
The real question is how often will the player call down with absolutely nothing (or call the turn and fold the river with nothing). That would be the determining factor in the likelihood of me throwing out a bet. Either way, betting even just as a semi-bluff (you do have 15 outs to improve if he does have an ace) is workable, and isn't horrible even if he has the ace.

-K

scotty34
05-29-2005, 03:42 AM
Is button super-passive preflop? If he has an A on the button, almost all players will raise it if they don't decide to fold. I would bet the turn, call a raise and check-fold the river if I dont improve (flush, 7, or 8). If the guy just calls the turn bet, I check-call the river UI.

Womble
05-29-2005, 08:50 AM
You have alot of outs on the turn: 9/images/graemlins/club.gifs, 2 7s and 3 8s plus you may still be ahead (less likely now since the ace is there)

A good time to semi bluff.

KingOtter
05-29-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is button super-passive preflop? If he has an A on the button, almost all players will raise it if they don't decide to fold. I would bet the turn, call a raise and check-fold the river if I dont improve (flush, 7, or 8). If the guy just calls the turn bet, I check-call the river UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with this.

Cris
05-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Maybe I have things mixed up, but a bet on the turn as a semi-bluff doesn't make sense to me. If Button is loose-passive he probably won't fold, so there really isn't much value in the chance of winning the pot right there. Also the pot is small, so even if it is won with a bet, the rewards are limited. I do agree with the turn bet, but I think of it as a value bet. Am I way off here?