PDA

View Full Version : bad night. no content at all.

Pasterbator
05-29-2005, 02:15 AM
After 3 very successful days, i've been destroyed tonight. I'm now OOTM in 12 straight $11+1 SNGs. i'm not playing any different, i'm just not catching cards. And when i do, i get drawn out on. Its just one of those days...

And the worst part is, after being OOTM in 8 straight, i went on tilt and played 2 $20 SNGs. Placed in one, lost the other. Idk, how do people deal with these things? Do you just stop playing for the night? I think im gonna move down to the FORBIDDEN $5+1 and try to boost my morale.

Hope everyone else is winning.

P.S. congrats to anyone who won big in the Guaranteed Million...i watched the final table.

TruFloridaGator
05-29-2005, 02:31 AM
Yeah, take some time off, but don't move down to the 5s. Just keep with your game, post some hands, even if you think your sure you did the right thing. I love to post hands when I am on a OOTM streak even if I know I did the right thing, because that helps my confidence to have everyone tell me I did the right thing. That helps me stay with my game & not start doing anything tiltish. Good luck.

Freudian
05-29-2005, 03:00 AM
Thats nothing. Down 25+ buyins. Not playing for two days only delayed the inevitable nightmare after cashing out. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SlackerMcFly
05-29-2005, 03:24 AM
I busted out this afternoon 4 times in a row with hands of KK, QAs, QQ and ATs.

Went to a party, came home, played three and finished 3,1,1.

"Sometimes you just have to grab the bull by the balls and run with it."

Hang in there, you'll be fine.

Slacker

Bigwig
05-29-2005, 03:27 AM
Quit for the night. At the very least, take an hour break. Get something to eat. Have your wife blow you. Rub one out. Whatever.

FatalError
05-29-2005, 03:31 AM
i had a bad run today in the middle of 40 109's i played, went OOTM in 11 straight but finished with 9 out of 10 ITM for a 800$ win... just keep playing and it'll work itself out

McBandit
05-29-2005, 06:13 AM
Those kind of runs will happen no matter how well you are playing. I played 19 55s today and only had a 2nd and a 3rd. I went back over my HHs and still think I made all the right moves. And if you really want to know the epitome of bad luck...my winrate over my last 400 preflop all-ins is 2.5 standard deviations below the mean (for stats people that is a [censored] jopke). It is amazing I am only down $800 over that stretch.

Hang tough,
McBandit/Daddys_Visa/Yogafire