PDA

View Full Version : Tough Spot

radioheadfan
05-29-2005, 02:05 AM
1/2 NL Online

Black AA on the button. CO limps, I make it $8. SB calls, BB calls, CO calls. This many players in a raised pot is unusual at this table.

Flop is T62 rainbow. SB leads for $10 into a $32 pot. Folds to me and I suspect a set already. SB is VPIP = 23% after 15 hands. I just call the $10. Turn is a 6. He leads out again for $10. Now I decide to make it $35 to go (weak turn bet now made me suspect an under-over-pair to mine). He raises to $70 now. Your action?

We both started the hand with $200 behind.

Sephus
05-29-2005, 02:29 AM
dont make that small raise if you aren't going all the way. personally i call, then call the river or push if he checks.

im not sure i make the raise in the first place. i think i pause as if im trying to figure out if i have odds to draw to AK then finally just call on the turn. then i call or value bet the river when checked to (i fold if the river's a ten and he pushes).

the reason i like just calling the turn is he will pretty much always fold a ten if you make a potsized raise on the turn, but will probably call a value bet on the river. also the pot is too small on the river for him to double up with a set if you just call.

DoubleDown
05-29-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
... and I suspect a set already. ... I just call the $10.

[/ QUOTE ]

this can't be right. if you trust your read, then fold- you decided to draw to 2 outs with terrible odds

I'd raise the flop. Check behind on the turn. Then call/value-bet the river.

DoubleDown
05-29-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the reason i like just calling the turn is he will pretty much always fold a ten if you make a potsized raise on the turn, but will probably call a value bet on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree ... raising here doesn't allow villain to make a mistake

radioheadfan
05-29-2005, 09:13 AM
I raised the turn b/c the weak turn bet made me change my read from set to JJ-QQ and possibly a badly played KK.

These hands look like they could call my raise and then I can check behind on the river.

Perhaps a call is still in order to keep him bluffing AK or for me to lose least to a set.

I wonder how big the river bet would have been if I had just called the turn....I think there is a good chance he makes a big bet / pushes if I just call the turn...leaving me little info to make my decision....I have to define his hand somewhere.....