PDA

View Full Version : Two SNG Questions

PokerProdigy
05-29-2005, 01:28 AM
I am just starting to play single table tournaments of the no-limit hold'em variet, and I have two questions on the topic.

1) How many buy-ins (bankroll) should one have to play these tournaments?

2) Are the $5+1 sng's profitable? The reason I ask is because that's 20% entry-fee of the buy-in and I was wondering if this would make it impossible to play for profit, or maybe a negligible profit. Just let me know.

bluefeet
05-29-2005, 01:30 AM
hi pp,

a great place to start: SST FAQ (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2375609&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1)

Bigwig
05-29-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am just starting to play single table tournaments of the no-limit hold'em variet, and I have two questions on the topic.

1) How many buy-ins (bankroll) should one have to play these tournaments?

[/ QUOTE ]

20 minimum, 30 for comfort. This assumes, of course, that you're a winning player.

[ QUOTE ]
2) Are the $5+1 sng's profitable? The reason I ask is because that's 20% entry-fee of the buy-in and I was wondering if this would make it impossible to play for profit, or maybe a negligible profit. Just let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can beat the 5+1's. However, if $5 is the most you can play for, you're better off building a bankroll in a different game, or playing a site (like Stars) that offers a 5+.50.