PDA

View Full Version : 10k hand stats checkup

Anders
05-29-2005, 01:01 AM
Yeah, I'm sorry about the stats post. I just wanted to see if there was anything glaringly bad about my first 10kish hands at this level. I'd like to improve the winrate. Multiplying it by (-2) would be nice. Anything jump out at you as something I should fix?

I'm expecting to hear "raise more preflop" but I'm not sure what sort of hands in what sort of situations I should raise with in addition to the ones I'm already raising with.

http://img263.echo.cx/img263/5977/statshelp0ok.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

ctv1116
05-29-2005, 01:05 AM
Play more hands (i.e. get a larger sample). The stats seem somewhat in line with the 2+2 standard, except perhaps you could raise more preflop and steal less (I'm not quite sure how this is possible.

___1___
05-29-2005, 01:15 AM
Anders,

Play more hands? Possibly, but that's not the reason you're losing. Raise more? Maybe, but that's not really the problem. Actually, it is somewhat baffling how you steal as much as you do but your PF raise is 13.84. I would expect it to be in the 18-20 range...

You really need to evaluate on your own why you are going to SD 31.69 (which is fine on its own) but only winning at SD 51.60. If your WSD is 31ish, you need to be winning at SD should be in the 56-58 range.

Also, I do think stealing at a rate of 45.13 is probably a little excessive unless you play expertly postflop.

___1___

IGMorton
05-29-2005, 01:17 AM
those stats look like mine at 2/4, cept i'm +5BB/100. how / when are you loosing money the most?

only your PFR is a tad lower than mine. are you open-limping much? i open-limp a tiny bit (QJs, QTs, JTs, KTs only UTG), but still have a higher PFR than you.

at 2/4 there seems to be good reason to limp after EP limpers with medium-large suited connectors and aces because you can't really buy the button when people frequently cold-call. i often over-limp to encourage everyone to come along and play for the huge pot straight/flush hands. but still.... my PFR is somehow higher than yours!

SA125
05-29-2005, 01:46 AM
I'm surpised no one's mentioned the 22% VPIP. Is that really the going rate for most 2+2'ers in 6 max? I'm far from loose and around 18% full, but at or near 30% for 6 max. The games go down to 4 handed so often you end up having to play more hands.

___1___
05-29-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm surpised no one's mentioned the 22% VPIP.

[/ QUOTE ]

His VPIP is not the reason he's losing. Myself and many others have maintained a winrate above 2bb/100 at 5/10 with a VPIP even below this.

___1___

IGMorton
05-29-2005, 01:54 AM
mine is around 24%. but, some prefer a tighter style.

but, i think you'll find that most of the small stakes players here (2/4 - 5/10) will say that above 30% VPIP is pushing it. playing those extra hands probably requires expert skill level post flop (assuming 6-max tables: if you are playing 5 handed, then 30% seems about right.)

if you are playing 10/20 or above please disregard.

joker122
05-29-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You really need to evaluate on your own why you are going to SD 31.69 (which is fine on its own) but only winning at SD 51.60. If your WSD is 31ish, you need to be winning at SD should be in the 56-58 range.

___1___

[/ QUOTE ]

so this is attributed to, what, just going to showdown in the wrong spots? i don't see how someone can just "fix" this.

___1___
05-29-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so this is attributed to, what, just going to showdown in the wrong spots?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure to tell the truth. It could be going to showdown in the wrong spots or I guess it could be just running bad. I'm assuming it's just running very poorly. It could also have something to do with a steal % in the stratosphere. WSD and W$SD by position would be needed to say anything further.

___1___

Anders
05-29-2005, 02:12 AM
Thanks for all the replies, guys. This has been helpful and very constructive so far. I actually had about 600 more hands (over which I ran very well) that I forgot to include before. This positional breakdown includes those.

http://img264.echo.cx/img264/9752/statshelp17de.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Man, the CO has been KIND to me lately!

sy_or_bust
05-29-2005, 02:21 AM
Your "numbers" are pretty straightforward and shouldn't be any significant problem. You may be running bad, you may play suboptimally postflop...it's never really possible to say. But when you're on a downswing, it's ALWAYS a good idea to go back and hit the books and retool your game. This can never be bad.

SA125
05-29-2005, 02:22 AM
If you have a VPIP below 22% in 6 max you're basically nut peddling. If all of you are winners, that must be the way to go. And here I thought the reason I don't win 2 BB's is because I'm actually losing money with AQ, KK, KQs, KQ and, up until recently, QQ. If I didn't win money with some of the looser calls and just waited for the big hands, I'd be broke.

I'll admit I'm the only guy on Party who can't beat the fish with those hands because, like broken clocks, even they're lucky twice a day. And it's usually against me. I can't wait for the day (maybe 200K hands?) when I look forward to seeing those fools at my table, instead of cringing in my chair while getting cracked by them.

___1___
05-29-2005, 02:23 AM
Anders,

Looking at your positional stats, I'd say you're either folding too easily postflop or you are running bad. Do you feel like you're running bad?

___1___

Anders
05-29-2005, 02:27 AM
Yep, I just read Inside the Poker Mind, and Poker, Gaming, and Life for the first time, and re-read and refer to HEPFAP constantly. This is definitely good advice.

helpmeout
05-29-2005, 02:35 AM
How do you have a VPIP of 22 and a ASB of 45.

Play a few more hands and steal much less, go to showdown more.

Anders
05-29-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anders,

Looking at your positional stats, I'd say you're either folding too easily postflop or you are running bad. Do you feel like you're running bad?

___1___

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I don't know what to say. I want to say I'm running bad, if only because I don't like the alternative, which is that I have major things wrong with my game. But if it's because I'm folding too easily postflop and that's an adjustment I can make.

I do feel like I've been running bad, though. These games are chock-full of clowns making silly calls, which is awesome. It has seemed like I've had a rough streak of luck, but man, it's hard to say that and not question whether it's just me making excuses.