PDA

View Full Version : Semi-shortstacked with AJo in EP

Eihli
05-29-2005, 12:59 AM
Party 200, 7 left blinds 25/50. I'm utg wtih 765 and AJo. No maniacs. Button and CO each have about 2.5k and have been playing a bit loose, but not maniacally. Blinds have both been pretty tight and have about 900 each.

What do you do in this situation?

bluefeet
05-29-2005, 01:48 AM
non-conventional: limp. if CO or Button 'make a move' on the blinds....and the blinds fold...i'd let it rip. the blind's shortish stacks are ripe for picking from CO/Button. you're limp (non-push) in front of them may even be more encouraging. short of a hand (...that would probably have you beat), they will be folding to a 4-5x raise. i WOULD take AJo against a raiser in their position. if you did get to the flop for your 50, you'd still have the opportunity to push an A or J high flop.

45suited
05-29-2005, 01:54 AM
Fold and maintain a stack for FE later. The problem is that you'd have to raise with AJ but it's not very strong. After taking the blinds, you're down to t690. Enough to make other stacks think twice about calling if you open push from late position when blinds go up to 100. No need to panic here. Best case - you pick up a legit hand later. Worst case - you pick up the opportunity to OP from late position later with FE.