PDA

View Full Version : i think i got too aggressive here...? (td 2-7)

lucas9000
05-29-2005, 12:50 AM
$1/$2 Triple Draw 2-7

A is at seat 0 with $121.25.
B is at seat 2 with $93.75.
C is at seat 3 with $136.50.
Hero is at seat 4 with $68.75.
D is at seat 5 with $78.
The button is at seat 2.

C posts the small blind of $.50.
Hero posts the big blind of $1.

Hero: 6c 6h 2s Kc 4d

First Round:

D folds. A calls. B folds.
C folds. Hero checks.

Hero takes 2 cards. A takes 2 cards.

Hero: 6h 2s 4d 9d 8d

Second Round:

Hero bets $1. A raises to $2. Hero
re-raises to $3. A re-raises to $4. Hero
calls.

Hero stands pat. A takes 1 card.

Third Round:

Hero bets $2. A calls.

Hero stands pat. A takes 1 card.

Final Round:

Hero checks. A bets $2. Hero calls.

BluffTHIS!
05-29-2005, 01:14 AM
My comments are:

1) You did have a made 9 but it is rough and you are out of position. Furthermore since he raised you, he is either pat with a better hand, or has a very good 1 card draw.

2) Thus, on the second draw I would not stand pat but toss the 9, since he will probably only be drawing 1 card to a much better hand, and since having position he will freeze you on that hand if he hits by smoothcalling a bet and then standing pat behind you on the last round (if he is a good player).

3) Even if he doesn't hit on the second draw, he will often raise you anyway with a very good 1 card draw to attempt to get you to break, which you then probably should.

4) As it played out, unless he is someone who habitually snows, you are wasting your money on a call on the end since the worst hand he would bet after a check is 86, smooth 87 or a very smooth 9.

lucas9000
05-29-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
4) As it played out, unless he is someone who habitually snows, you are wasting your money on a call on the end since the worst hand he would bet after a check is 86, smooth 87 or a very smooth 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

i definitely pay people off on the river too often. that's a big leak.

fnord_too
05-29-2005, 08:56 AM
I call the raise and chuck the nine on the second draw about 100% of the time.

Coming soon, I am going to do some math on 9's with two draws to come HU and against 2 players with 1 draw to come. I hate 9's except HU with 1 draw left, but embarassingly, I have not really looked into the math of the situation. Soooo much damn analysis I have to do on this stupid game still.

fnord_too
05-29-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you realize how often people will fire at a big pot on the river in this game (the UB one that is) if they miss. If you are one to fold here, expect A LOT of shots to be taken at you.

Chris Daddy Cool
05-29-2005, 03:29 PM
in position standing pat on the second draw may be fine, but out of position, you stood pat one draw too early.

playing out of position with these hands can be tough because he can so easily outplay you acting after you.

BluffTHIS!
05-29-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you realize how often people will fire at a big pot on the river in this game (the UB one that is) if they miss. If you are one to fold here, expect A LOT of shots to be taken at you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play there too and know that full well. My point was as to how he actually played his hand, which in my opinion wouldn't be very good by the final draw. We both agreed we would toss the 9 and draw, but since he didn't he is left with a poor hand, which I'm not inclined to waste more money on. Also, I said 'unless you are against someone who habitually snows'. Such people occasionally need to be checkraised on the final round when they have position on you.