PDA

View Full Version : First Time Poster, should I have played this different?

ChaseYourFlush
05-28-2005, 11:48 PM
Don't have hand history with me, but here's the situation. Second hand of a $20+2 on Party, i'm CO with Q Q. Nothing really happened on the first hand, and I don't recognize anyone at the table.

Anyway, 4 limpers to me, and I raise to t100 total (bb is t15). BB calls, and so do two of the limpers. Flop comes 567 rainbow, and it's checked to me. At the moment, there's T435 in the pot or so, and I go all in for my remaining T700. I'm called by K4, and the river brings an 8, eliminating me. I'm not worried about the clown drawing out on me, but would anyone bet smaller on the flop? Maybe T200 or so, and push in on the turn if the straight draws miss, especially thsi early in a tournament? Thanks

Seadood228
05-28-2005, 11:52 PM
If you bet less, would you call if someone pushed on you? If the answer is yes, I see no reason not to push.

Phoenix1010
05-28-2005, 11:56 PM
Having the HH ready is helpful, but this is fine.

This is something I've gone back and forth on, and I'm not sure what's best between pushing and betting half pottish. I can guarantee that these games are loose as hell right now, so pushing is almost certainly best. There are 14 cards that are going to make you throw up if they fall on the turn (you do have position, but they will make it tougher to play), so you don't want to let anyone see a cheap card. I usually like trying to milk a little bit more from 99 or A6, but these hands are going to call all-in anyway on a [Saturday] night at a 22. Just push it and bathe in the +EV.

-Phoenix

Phoenix1010
05-28-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you bet less, would you call if someone pushed on you? If the answer is yes, I see no reason not to push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you're calling a push, because you're likely to be way ahead. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to extract as much value as you can. If they'll call a smaller bet when they're way behind, going all-in and forcing them to fold is suboptimal.

-Phoenix

BradleyT
05-29-2005, 12:02 AM
Well the cards you don't care to see on the turn when there's that many opponents are an A, K, 3, 4, 8, 9 - 24 outs or half the damn deck.

I think pushing here is fine, you're most likely going to get your chips in on the turn anyway so why wait?

Oh and mark that dude in your buddy list for calling a T100 raise with K4. I had a guy call me all in preflop at NL$50 (with $60 stacks) with K4s to bust my AA. Must be a magical hand on party.

bluefeet
05-29-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
on a Friday night at a...

[/ QUOTE ]

(pssst. hey phoenix, it's saturday. long session eh? /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Phoenix1010
05-29-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well the cards you don't care to see on the turn when there's that many opponents are an A, K, 3, 4, 8, 9 - 24 outs or half the damn deck.

I think pushing here is fine, you're most likely going to get your chips in on the turn anyway so why wait?

Oh and mark that dude in your buddy list for calling a T100 raise with K4. I had a guy call me all in preflop at NL$50 (with $60 stacks) with K4s to bust my AA. Must be a magical hand on party.

[/ QUOTE ]

K4 is the nuts. I can't stress this enough by the way, on weekend nights, if you try to mark all the fish at the low limits, you'll be marking 80% of the people you play with.

-Phoenix

Phoenix1010
05-29-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
on a Friday night at a...

[/ QUOTE ]

(pssst. hey phoenix, it's saturday. long session eh? /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Too many Miller lites. I've got this great drinking game you guys should hear about. It makes you forget what day it is.

-Phoenix

Seadood228
05-29-2005, 12:07 AM
With the pot at 400, I don't think this is any time to get greedy.

bluefeet
05-29-2005, 12:07 AM
shotgun 1 beer for every K4o 7x PFr caller you find?

Phoenix1010
05-29-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With the pot at 400, I don't think this is any time to get greedy.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by that you mean you should take it down right now with a push (i.e. you agree with what I said, you are responding to my post right?), then i agree whole heartedly. If you mean something else, you're wrong!

Just kidding.
-Phoenix

valenzuela
05-29-2005, 12:10 AM
U played the hand perfectly.

Seadood228
05-29-2005, 12:13 AM
I was just referring to your response about extracting more chips at the risk of letting someone draw. I thought the pot was big enough take down right there, but then again so did you /images/graemlins/smile.gif