PDA

View Full Version : Example blind plays where I have problems

[censored]
05-28-2005, 11:26 PM
5/10 6 max

Here are two hands that are good examples of situations I am lost in.

Hand one on Button with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Folded to me SB is super loose and will probably call with anything just because I raise, BB is tight aggressive player.

Should I be stealing here? and please explain as much as you can.

Hand 2

Im in sb with A2o folded to button who raises. He is somewhat loose but not horrible. Am I looking to 3bet, fold, call?

wrto4556
05-28-2005, 11:36 PM
The first one i think is a fold. If SB calls BB is priced in with alot of hands. Then you take a flop 3-handed with Q6s.

The second one, im not sure about.

lowsarider
05-29-2005, 01:24 AM
thanks for the reply. Anyone disagree?

Im new and sure would like to see one of the vets tackle that second issue (A2o).

adamstewart
05-29-2005, 01:35 AM
imho,

Q,6s is borderline for stealing here. Generally, if the blind(s) are loose and will call anything, I want something with showdown value, unimproved - like an A,x or maybe even a K,x. (That's not to say I'm not raising hands like T,9s here... but I'm sure you get what trying to say...)

I think the second situation with A,2o is a fold - especially if the Button is aggressive postflop, but you didn't say. You're out of position, it can be really tricky to play Ace high rags out of position. I'd wait for a better spot to battle this guy.

Adam

lowsarider
05-29-2005, 02:08 AM
Thanks Adam. I'm generally a tight bastard so Id probably fold in both situations too, especially against loose agg players.

Let em battle over the blinds, wait to punish in a big pot with a good to premium hand, is that what were saying?

The problem with that(for me) is that those big hands dont come around that often, especially shorthanded given the relatively expensive blinds. Plus, since Im tighter than most i might not get action on those hands since the opponents will know im more selective.

I like shorthanded play but Im definitely better at a full table. I play shorthanded sometimes, though, to get experience in these situations so I dont get run over when it gets down to the money in tourneys.

What I need( I think) is some great reading on shorthanded play, especially shorthanded blind play, against loose opponents.

Just got done reading Lee Jones' Low Limit book, and its great, but it only has a couple of pages on Blind play. He mentions defending with any pair(of course), but also any suited ace,king or queen, any suited connector and any suited one gap.

Are you vets okay with all those hands? Any advise/further discussion in these areas would be great!

Thanks in advance.

adamstewart
05-29-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What I need( I think) is some great reading on shorthanded play

[/ QUOTE ]

Fortunately, there isn't an good literature on short-handed play. I think that's part of the reason why the players are so bad at the SH tables.

[ QUOTE ]
Lee Jones' Low Limit book

[/ QUOTE ]

While I've never read his book, I've heard it's very weak/tight. Read Small Stakes Hold'em by Ed Miller ASAP. While it is generally more applicable to a full ring game, most of the concepts remain the same.

Adam