PDA

View Full Version : Flush Draw on Flop in EP

tor
05-28-2005, 11:21 PM
CO is fishy and BB is weak tight.

Ultimate Bet 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Hero ?

Jakesta
05-28-2005, 11:22 PM
I fold this preflop, but since you didn't, I check-call this flop. I'm going to need at least two more limpers before I complete this in the SB.

Qwijibo
05-28-2005, 11:41 PM
85s isn't too strong with only three in the hand, too weak to complete most of the time. I could see arguments for either betting out with the draw, or check-calling. However, you're not winning this pot without another diamond. And it's a small pot at that. I might just check-call due to that factor.

teajay
05-29-2005, 12:23 AM
With only one limper in this hand I'm folding preflop. You're not getting the padded pot required to draw to your flush.

But in this case, I'd check-call one bet to see a turn card. Be aware that on the turn you may not be getting proper odds to see the river, so you're really hoping for the diamond on the turn.

Travis

milesdyson
05-29-2005, 12:54 AM
Bets. And I like the complete with a passive BB.

Isura
05-29-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
85s isn't too strong with only three in the hand, too weak to complete most of the time. I could see arguments for either betting out with the draw, or check-calling. However, you're not winning this pot without another diamond. And it's a small pot at that. I might just check-call due to that factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think preflop is fine. We can usually take this down on the flop with just a pair or draw by semibluffing. I like betting here because we have the worst hand and we win the pot more than 1 in 4 times when we bet out.