PDA

View Full Version : 1-2 Live NL Hand, 2 Pair - Facing Flush

maranello11
05-28-2005, 09:26 PM
Live 1-2 NL game. Good game with your usual mix. I hero am in MP with about $550. Villian is small or big blind not sure with about $350.

I raise to $8 with Q /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Folded around to Villian who makes it $20. I call

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Villian bets 25, I call. Yes I didnt raise

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villian bets 100. Whats is my play. This is a two part hand, after some responses, I will give my play on the turn and river. Both Villian and Hero(me) are probably viewed by the table as TAG.

DoubleDown
05-28-2005, 10:34 PM
he's repping the overpair (and likely on it; since you described him as TAG.) you hit the flop very hard - raise the flop, he will probably come back over the top if he indeed has an overpair and you will get paid

i think calling would be okay if i hadn't made a hand on the flop in order to try to take the pot away on a later street. however with the flush draw being out there and me having made a strong hand, i will be afraid that i won't get paid if a spade hits and kills the action

heretowin
05-28-2005, 10:43 PM
His pre-flop raise makes it look like he has overcards and possibly a pocket pair. I would prefer to raise him on the flop to get more money in the pot. 1/3 of his stack is in the pot on the river and you should probably just call him down from there. I don't think you should have let him see the turn card so cheaply.

maranello11
05-28-2005, 11:04 PM
My question is by the turn bet, does he have the flush. Do you put him on AK /images/graemlins/spade.gif or an over pair with a /images/graemlins/spade.gifdraw

maranello11
05-28-2005, 11:05 PM
I call the 100 turn bet for I put himm on a flush draw with over pair.

River is a 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif He moves all-in, whats my line now.

heretowin
05-28-2005, 11:21 PM
Ok here's what I'm thinking. I don't see him re-raising you pre-flop with pocket 5's or 8's, but maybe with A-K suited. I think it is very likely he bet on flop with a flush draw, and caught his flush on the turn.

heretowin
05-28-2005, 11:24 PM
Well by calling his $100 bet on the turn you are letting him know you are pot committed and he obviously is too. By the way you played it there is nothing to think about on the river and you have to call, were you not expecting him to go all-in on the river? I know that 4 of hearts didn't help anybodies hand so if you thought your hand was good enough to hold against his on the turn nothing should change by the river card.

Malachii
05-29-2005, 03:42 AM
I think it's a definite call. He reraised you before the flop. That in of itself rules out a flush draw. He's representing an overpair the whole way, I think you've just gotten his whole stack. You can't fold this. The range of hands that he would play this aggressively are aces, kings, queens, or ace king suited. There are 2 combinations that have you beaten and 12 that you're winning against.