PDA

View Full Version : Another boring QQ, are my preflop thoughts sound?

redrooski24
05-28-2005, 09:18 PM
One of my last hands before taking a break while clearing the Stars bonus that's been bugging me..somewhat. Converter isn't working so here it is.

1/2 NL Stars

Hero is MP1 with QQ, UTG limps and i make it $10 to go, MP2(villain) reraises to $40. All fold back to me and after thinking for my entire time bank I find the fold button. I had about $220 behind after my initial raise and villain ~$160 after his reraise.

My thought process was it was pretty much a push or fold with the stack sizes. I put villain on anything from JJ-AA and AK, with the ones i was hoping for being very unlikely. I had no reads on villain and I didn't have enough implied odds to try and spike a Q, if a K or A falls on the flop I'm done anyway, and even with my QQ as an overpair im not feeling good about the hand(although I did figure him to pay me off if i did hit a set of QQQ and he in fact did have KK or AA). Normally this type of thing wouldn't bother me so much if there were a couple callers in between and then CO, button, or blind pop it up huge. The immediate huge reraise raised an eyebrow with me though, which is why I am posting it here. Again, however, my logic was the only hand I'm happy he has out of the possible range is JJ and that figures to be by far the most unlikely of the group. Easy fold? What are your opinions?

xorbie
05-28-2005, 10:02 PM
If neither of you has been getting out of line, this isn't a terrible fold.

heretowin
05-28-2005, 10:56 PM
If you are up against two aces or two kings, you're about a 4 to 1 underdog. And if you're up against A-K you're only a little better than a 6 to 5 favorite. When people go all-in before the flop they usually have one of those hands. So if you go all-in before the flop with Q-Q, your money is in a lot of jeopardy. There are better spots to get all your money in. When I get two queens in the pocket, I play them very carefully. I don't want to move in before the flop with Q-Q. Just a bit of thought.