PDA

View Full Version : ~ Weak draws, Free card-attempt, Turn action question ~

Shalara
05-28-2005, 07:20 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Shalara is Button with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Bailes222 checks, CO calls, Shalara calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, 1Bailes222 folds, CO calls, Shalara calls, SB folds.

Table looked to be fairly LP, though CO is a bit LAGgy. On average the table has more callers, so I had the 'call' button checked (mulit-tabling). BB seems a little bit tightish, though not particularly aggressive.

Flop: (8 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Shalara raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

I've got a back-door flush and a gutshot. I'd like to try for a free look at the river. If CO had a 6, she'd probably be raising her draw, so even though it's a no-nut draw, I think the gutshot is still good.

Turn: (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Shalara ???

No free card. I like the turn a lot, as I've picked up double-guts now, and my backdoor looks good. Plus if I get the ace-end of the straight, I expect I'll get a bit of action.

Here's my question though: Should I raise or call here? CO will not fold ace-high or worse (I think), but BB seems kind of timid. CO may or may not be bluffing also--she tends to bluff a lot.

iNsChris
05-28-2005, 07:28 PM
IM A NEWBIE - TAKE ADVICE WITH PINCH OF SALT - Wait for advanced players.

I call, you need 5to1 if ALL your outs are clean. Its a tough one, as you may (Probably) get 3betted. your getting 8 to 1 by calling.
and if a 6flops you will prob lose.

maybe even lose the flush.

Jaran
05-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Hey Shalara,
I like calling here. I really don't want BB going away, because his hand is likely not going to be a threat if we hit on the river. Prolly big cards. Keep him around.

-Jaran

aK13
05-28-2005, 08:02 PM
I'm folding that flop. Remember, the board is 578, you have 43, so if a 6 falls, you have the ass end of a straight (which sucks balls and is extremely weak -- 45678, your 3 does nothing).

tor
05-28-2005, 08:48 PM
*posting blind*

I say raise, making it a 4:1 call for the BB, which may make it incorrect to call for him if he's drawing to higher straight?

zPro
05-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Fold Pre-flop.
Fold Flop. (Weak BD flush, very weak OESD)
Call turn.

Qwijibo
05-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I was just going to say... I'm bailing PF at this point. You probably want a few more callers in front of you before anything like 43s looks good.

MDO67
05-29-2005, 01:26 AM
Looks like the pot odds are good enough to call here. You have alot of outs and the CO might be betting out because your check shows a weak hand.

Shillx
05-29-2005, 01:59 AM
Hey just call on the turn since you have the nut low and a big draw. You will have to invest way too much to try and take this pot down UI. Play it for the big draw that it is. I don't like the flop raise much either since your BD flush draw is a lot of the reason why you should call on the flop. You should be looking to see a turn card cheap with this hand since you will be dumping it on the turn if you don't find anything. With something like 2 overcards + gutterball + BD flush draw I don't mind the raise since you figure to be playing it out until the river (you might win by hitting a pair). In this case, a pair of 3's or 4's isn't worth much and your gutshot is discounted. If the turn card doesn't help your hand, you will not be calling there so that kinda kills the purpose of a flop raise.

Brad