PDA

View Full Version : QQ middle of tourney, 7 left

schilling38
05-28-2005, 03:30 PM
you have 2k in chips - villain has 2500 in chips.

Blinds are 50/100
youre in LP and villain raises to 300 from MP.

Hero ...........?

Let's say you make it 600-800. He pushes.
Hero..........?

microbet
05-28-2005, 03:36 PM
calls

schilling38
05-28-2005, 03:40 PM
how bout you just call and flop comes 10 J x rainbow.

Villain leads out for 600... Hero?

TruFloridaGator
05-28-2005, 03:54 PM
All in..lol

microbet
05-28-2005, 03:56 PM
push. I don't want a King in the flop. I really don't want an Ace in the flop. J 10 x isn't scary at all. If he has trips, he got lucky, made a deceptive bet, and gets my chips.

citanul
05-28-2005, 05:11 PM
all in over the initial raise.

as the big stack he's probably opened up his raising standards a bit, and well, you're not behind much. 450 chips is a good amount to take down here preflop, and people are all the time calling a push here with hands they shouldn't (AT, AJ, AQ, JJ, TT), so i'm gonna go out on a not very dangerous limb here and say that pushing is +cEV and +EV. calling i don't like. especially not with the idea of calling and folding if the flop has a K or A and you're bet into. screw that. and as for the argument of "if there's no A or K on the board and he wins, well, he got lucky." no, he didn't get lucky, you LET him get lucky by not requiring him to put more chips in the pot.

you didn't mention the stacks behind you, but those are important as well. if i thought that a person behind me would very likely push if i just called, i'd just call, looking for the action to be me call, he push, big stack call, me push.

i also similarly don't like the idea of raising small behind his raise and then interpretting action after that. a raise to 600 or 800 puts in 1/3 or more of your stack so that you can do what, isolate the guy to a flop and then see what happens on an A or K flop? fold to a rereraise? blah. your stack isn't deep enough to be playing those sorts of games.

your hand is too good, the stack depths are too short, and the opponents are too stupid in general, to do anything but push here i feel.

citanul

lastchance
05-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Yeah. You've got QQ. QQ is very good. QQ pwnz Villain's likely holdings. Move in, in all 3 cases, and it's not close.