PDA

View Full Version : QTs Late Position

PJM1206
05-28-2005, 02:59 PM
I was looking for comments on how this palyed out. No real reads. Wasnt at table long enough to get read on individuals but table was generally tight maybe 3 or 4 players per hand.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

River: (8 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

cold_cash
05-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Post flop looks fine, but if the table is tight and usually playing short-handed you should re-examine the limp.

xLukex
05-28-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Post flop looks fine, but if the table is tight and usually playing short-handed you should re-examine the limp.

[/ QUOTE ]

You recommend throwing this away?

I think a limp is fine in LP. If it's unsooted, I consider tossing it.

Post flop play is fine, really odd that your reraise on the flop knocked out UTG+2 and the other two players called two bets cold.

DMBFan23
05-28-2005, 03:07 PM
no I think he was saying you should raise preflop. I would at pretty much any table, as long as I have any chance whatsoever of buying the button.

postflop plays differently that way, but I think you played this one fine given the limp

Duerig
05-28-2005, 03:15 PM
I think I would play it exactly the same. I think you are ahead 1/8 times to make this river call ok.

PJM1206
05-28-2005, 03:23 PM
In hind sight when I looked at this I thought I over valued the top pair. In one of the text ( I think SSH ) it discusses the effects of the board texture and how it effects the value of your hand. I 3 bet the flop amd had two callers..... should a light have come on? What would they be calling with? Not high cards no preflop raises yet they cold call the riase?? One dummy yup but 2? Or am I thinking this becuase I kknow the relsuts? I was interested in the texture of the board and how should that have changed my play or should it have?

Redd
05-28-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In hind sight when I looked at this I thought I over valued the top pair. In one of the text ( I think SSH ) it discusses the effects of the board texture and how it effects the value of your hand. I 3 bet the flop amd had two callers..... should a light have come on? What would they be calling with? Not high cards no preflop raises yet they cold call the riase?? One dummy yup but 2? Or am I thinking this becuase I kknow the relsuts? I was interested in the texture of the board and how should that have changed my play or should it have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Small stakes games by definition have many players that call too far and too often. I wouldn't sweat two callers at all because they could very well be calling with crap/improper odds.

Plus, there's many hands that could call profitably on this flop; there are many strong flush draws and an OESD that would call here like 100% of the time. I'd be pretty confident you're ahead on the flop.

grjr
05-29-2005, 01:26 AM
I've been raising this hand from the CO and it's worked a lot better. You probably would have won here had you raised.

As for SB's bet on the river, 94.78% of the time that means he had K5 or K8 and 2.45% of the time he had 75 /images/graemlins/heart.gif but I call anyways because I've picked off enough guys who like to bet an overcard on the river.

MDO67
05-29-2005, 02:02 AM
I play it the same way you did although I would be pretty close to folding the river. My post flop play is dismal though so it may be best to do the opposite of my instincts /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eder
05-29-2005, 02:06 AM
You need to raise this preflop, rest of story was ok...sorry you lost

Jakesta
05-29-2005, 02:44 AM
Raise this preflop.

The rest of the hand is perfect. Don't fold this river unless your opponent is really passive.

PJM1206
05-29-2005, 07:06 AM
Talk about timimg. I was palying a hand as I was reading your post and guess what QTs in CO so I rasied one limper before me adn three callers after me. flop comes 2 of my suite I bet they all fold lol oh well.
I may have prematurely elimanted some rasing hands based on my hand exp. Basically with the excpetion of ATs I limped in. The data I used had only about 15K hands so.... I proably need to revisit some of the hands I knocked out