PDA

View Full Version : I am too weak tight for 6max (PT stats included 41k hnds) need advice!

FlashFunk
05-28-2005, 02:19 PM
I've been playing online poker off and on for about a year. These are my stats for the last 3 months as I progressed from 25NL to 100NL. I feel my VPIP and PFR are way too low for 6 max and that it’s probably hurting my win rates.

I usually play most suited connectors and JT and higher, but I usually only raise pairs AA-TT and hands around AJo and better. I only reraise a PF raiser with AA, KK, QQ, and AK. Many players still pay me off even with this super tight play style but I can't help but feel I’m leaving money on the table.

As you can see from the uniformity in my PT stats I play a very mechanical game:
-If I raise pf I will bet a 3/4 pot bet on the flop 95% of the time no matter what hits
-I don't bet my draws enough (big leak I know)
-If the flop doesn't hit me at all I usually check it down
-I rarely bluff
-I usually 2 table, sometimes 3.

I need more advice on things I can incorporate into my game in order to make me a player more suited for these 6max games. Is there anything you can see from my stats that are obvious leaks? I wanna test the ground by taking one foot out of the kiddie pool.

http://students.washington.edu/noahg/stats.JPG

http://students.washington.edu/noahg/stats2.JPG

Rocaix
05-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Your VPIP is fine, the problem is with your PFR%. You raise much too narrow a range of hands, especially for 100NL. And you probably cold call too many raises preflop. A good rule of thumb is to have a VPIP to PFR ratio of about 2-2.5 to 1. Otherwise you may be overlimping and calling too often and letting the others take the betting lead postflop.

From your aggression stats, it seems your problem is playing far too passively and straightforward especially on streets in which you should be getting the most money in. Your Flop and Turn aggro stats are pretty low and your river is kinda high. This leads to some mediocre W$SD numbers, my guess is you make too many -EV river value bets, or payoff too frequently.