PDA

View Full Version : Rumours about Ultimate Bet

catlover
05-28-2005, 01:59 PM
I have heard the following rumours about UB. I am curious about others' experiences:

(1) There is team play there at the higher limits.
(2) The people in charge of the site are sleazeballs.

jayheaps
05-28-2005, 10:57 PM
part 2 is correct.

RicktheRuler
05-28-2005, 11:01 PM
Are you suggesting part one is not?

niwotyalpi
05-28-2005, 11:32 PM
If by team play you mean people sharing accounts then yes this is a pretty well known fact. This also occurs on stars and many other sites I'm sure. This is no different than a husband and wife sharing an account and playing at different times, nothing wrong with it in my opinion. Others may disagree however.....

RicktheRuler
05-28-2005, 11:36 PM
Personally, I think we are giving people too much credit by assuming there isnt collusion in the highest games online. I have seen one of the winningest players (not me /images/graemlins/frown.gif ) Throw a fit a few times accusing the other players of colluding against him. I am not smart enough to catch it probably, on at least two occasions the hands he pointed out were EXTREMELY suspicious.

bobbyi
05-29-2005, 07:33 PM
Why would people share an account? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

SinCityGuy
05-29-2005, 07:56 PM
I can't confirm your rumors, but I love to sweat the 80/160 2-7 Triple Draw and watch Hellmuth spew profanities at the rest of the players.

lil feller
05-30-2005, 12:34 AM
Some Online poker sites make it difficult to have 2 accounts with the same personal/banking information, or that connect from the same IP address. There are steps to take to eliminate the problem, but online customer service is often lacking, and many poker couples, or college roomates, or whatever probably would rather just share accounts then go through those tiresome steps.

I hope you asked the question in sincerity, or I just wasted a lot of characters answering a rhetorical question...I find I do that frequently.

lf

jayheaps
05-30-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you suggesting part one is not?

[/ QUOTE ]

havent played in UB other than tourneys for a couple years so i don't know