PDA

View Full Version : Wait for blind when you join a table?

mithong
05-28-2005, 01:22 PM
Do you guys wait for the BB when you joing a table? HOw detrimental to winrate is it when you dont do this.

ClaytonN
05-28-2005, 01:24 PM
It's generally accepted that you should post either in the CO (1 right of the button) or in the BB.

I couldn't explain it to you mathematically, but it just makes sense.

tor
05-28-2005, 01:32 PM
I can't really quantify why it's not great to come in out of position, but I can give some thoughts that might help.

If you pay before the blind comes around to you, you're paying one more small bet for that orbit than you might otherwise pay. If you're going to pay extra you might as well get a better deal on your money, which means paying in the CO for better position.

It could be argued that posting in early or middle position might be good for your table image, but at these microlimits , most players won't even notice and there's little if any value in that.

BatsShadow
05-28-2005, 01:38 PM
I believe SSHE says it pretty much doesn't matter. Posting in CO is mathematically the cheapest and BB 2nd best.

Depending on my mood, I will pretty much post anywhere except the first two positions. You are losing a little of that small bet to post out of position, but I suspect that you make more from the bonus whoring raked hands.

ryanflies
05-28-2005, 01:40 PM
ssh says that this is a "picuyane" topic. it doesn't matter unless you're at a b&m, at which point you normally should so as not to appear too serious.

i don't post because i have an irrational fear of posting blinds.

but rationally (mathematically) it makes little difference, and it does little to affect your table image (or more importantly, others' play) at small stakes games.

OldYoda
05-28-2005, 01:55 PM
At most limits I think it makes no difference at all. I like to post immediately, regardless of position simply because I am superstitious about winning my first hand at the table.

Isura
05-28-2005, 02:29 PM
I never post before the blinds. It's -EV obviously to post early, and I like to use the time to get familiar with the players at the table. Posting at 6-max tables is even worse.