PDA

View Full Version : I just finished watching Hotel Rwanda.

fluxrad
05-28-2005, 03:48 AM
Does anyone have any particularly good means of killing one's self?

I think it gives Schindler's List a run for its money in the "Most Depressing Movie Of All Time" category.

Feel free to name the most depressing movie you've ever seen.

Sykes
05-28-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I think it gives Schindler's List a run for its money in the "Most Depressing Movie Of All Time" category.

[/ QUOTE ]

Schindler's List

Skip Brutale
05-28-2005, 03:53 AM
I thought it was funny how they kept blaming all of their problems on Europe. Instead of forming their own resistence they count on Holland.

fluxrad
05-28-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was funny how they kept blaming all of their problems on Europe. Instead of forming their own resistence they count on Holland.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.fla-keys.com/marathon/graphics/deepseafishing.jpg

SoftcoreRevolt
05-28-2005, 04:19 AM
I'd say it is far more depressing than Schindler's List. While I teared up at the end of Schlinder's List since it was quite emotional, it took every ounce of my manly energy not to burst out crying during Hotel Rwanda.

When I got it on DVD and watched it alone, I just cried for about half the movie.

-Skeme-
05-28-2005, 07:47 AM
Grave of the Fireflies is pretty sad. Haven't seen Schindler's List.

jnalpak
05-28-2005, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SWI: The Phantom Menace

The once and future king
05-28-2005, 10:25 AM

ceskylev
05-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Maybe not *the* most depresssing, but _A Midnight Clear_ ranks high on my list. Oh, and _Happiness_ is a whole 'nother breed of depressing.

JTrout
05-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Old Yeller

dhaimon
05-28-2005, 11:06 AM
I found Requiem for a Dream pretty depressing for some reason

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-28-2005, 11:14 AM

Leaving Las Vegas

bisonbison
05-28-2005, 11:22 AM
Good Girl

Freakin
05-28-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it was Belgium's fault that there was so much animosity towards the them. It would be like if you had a big brother who could boss everyone around, and he decides to put you in charge over half the other kids on the playground. Then when he leaves, he tells the other kids that they're in charge now, gives them weapons, and decides he won't help you out anymore. It wasn't exactly a smart move on their part. I'd recommend watching Ghosts of Rwanda. It's a documentary that I think was on CBS, so while it still has its agenda (I think Michael Moore may even comment in it), its does a pretty good job of portraying the events.

I like Hotel Rwanda, but it was not nearly as depressing as Ghosts of Rwanda. It's been a while since I watched Schindler's List, but I put it on my Netflix after watchign Hotel Rwanda.

Freakin

HopeydaFish
05-28-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Pianist
The Killing Fields

Rushmore
05-28-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Michael Moore may even comment in it

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it definitely qualifies as depressing, then, just in a different way.

Duke
05-28-2005, 01:15 PM
I never finished Schindler's List. I had to turn it off when they killed the old guy with 1 arm. I think the fact that I couldn't even finish it means that it's pretty damn depressing.

~D

Skip Brutale
05-28-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it was Belgium's fault that there was so much animosity towards the them. It would be like if you had a big brother who could boss everyone around, and he decides to put you in charge over half the other kids on the playground. Then when he leaves, he tells the other kids that they're in charge now, gives them weapons, and decides he won't help you out anymore. It wasn't exactly a smart move on their part. I'd recommend watching Ghosts of Rwanda. It's a documentary that I think was on CBS, so while it still has its agenda (I think Michael Moore may even comment in it), its does a pretty good job of portraying the events.

I like Hotel Rwanda, but it was not nearly as depressing as Ghosts of Rwanda. It's been a while since I watched Schindler's List, but I put it on my Netflix after watchign Hotel Rwanda.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you comparing Africans to children and Europe to adults? Can you give me a non-racist reason for this.

Jules22
05-28-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The winner is the independent film "In The Bedroom" it literally made my whole week shitty lol