PDA

View Full Version : random 25/50 HU hand (88)

captZEEbo1
05-28-2005, 02:51 AM
Just curious as to how other people play this differently. He's raised about 3 hands preflop (from the sb). The only hand that's seen a flop so far was when I raised preflop from sb with Ax, and he coldcalled with 87o, and we checked down on a K82o flop, turn 4, river J. We've also both folded sb about 4 times each. So that's all the reads I have on my opponent.

Stack sizes: both have right around $5000.

Villain posts the small blind of $25
Hero posts the big blind of $50
You have been dealt [8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif]
Villain raises to $150
<font color="red">Hero raises to $450</font>
Villain calls $300

The flop is [2/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] <font color="blue"> pot: ($900)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets $500</font>
Villain calls $500

The turn is [T/images/graemlins/club.gif] <font color="blue"> pot: ($1900)</font>
<font color="red">Hero checks</font>
Villain bets $900
<font color="red">Hero calls $900</font>

The river is [7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] <font color="blue"> pot: ($3700)</font>
<font color="red">Hero checks</font>
Villain bets $3,349.50, and is all in
<font color="red">Hero calls $2,950, and is all in</font>

Popinjay
05-28-2005, 03:10 AM
I think you should raise the turn decently (2000 bet maybe). Any other way to play this hand really leaves you clueless as to whether or not your beat. If you raise the turn he will fold anything you beat and maybe some other hands you don't beat. If he calls or reraises check fold the river, maybe get a free showdown.

Alex/Mugaaz
05-28-2005, 07:32 AM
Whats the point of checking the river if you're willing to call a push? I don't get it. I don't think you made any mistakes as you were seeing them. But if you think about this backward it doesn't make a lot of sense. Essentially the cards didn't change the situation at all on the turn or the river, so whatever you thought of your holdings didn't either. So, in theory you were willing to go all in on the turn, since you ended up doing it anyway. You gave yourself no information. You needed to bet the turn hard, or possibly check raise it and define the situation. I think you left yourself in the dark and made the decision as hard as possible.

Rotating Rabbit
05-28-2005, 08:26 AM
I dont play this high.

Do you really think he's bluffing the river 33% of the time here? It looks like you're gonna call him on the river because you called on the turn, so I dont think villian bluffs here much. Perhaps he WAS bluffing the turn and improved to hit 777, or already had the goods, but either way hes not bluffing turn AND river.

captZEEbo1
05-28-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whats the point of checking the river if you're willing to call a push? I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does a total bluff call any bets? If my opponent raises my blocking bet as a bluff, I just screwed myself over completely.

[ QUOTE ]
You needed to bet the turn hard, or possibly check raise it and define the situation. I think you left yourself in the dark and made the decision as hard as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

What value should I checkraise it to?