PDA

View Full Version : AQ problem on AK67 board

Skip Brutale
05-28-2005, 01:56 AM
Party 10-handed 25nl, no reads.

There is an EP and MP caller, and I call from the cutoff with AQ. Does anyone advise raising here? I called mainly because that is what Harrington's book advises in similar situations with AQ offsuit.

Flop is AK6 with flush draw. EP mini-bets and its folded to me, I raise to 1.2 and he calls. A non-flush 7 comes on the turn and he hesitates a bit then pushes for 8 more, 5 is in the pot.

I lay it down. What does mini-bet, call a small raise, then push on a non-scare card mean? I think he either had 77, 76, or flush draw. Did I get just ran over by a moron?

SirArthur
05-28-2005, 02:16 AM
What is your read on villain here?

With no read, this is a clear fold, he's telling you he can beat one pair.

As for raising with A/Q, if it's folded to me, and i'm near the button, I raise most every time. The problem with raising A/Q with a few limpersis that you may get hands like A/X to fold, which you don't want for obvious reasons.

Skip Brutale
05-28-2005, 03:18 AM
I was multi-tabling and had no read. So I guess folding was the next best thing to paying attention to the table.

Sephus
05-28-2005, 03:48 AM
when i played full ring back in the day i loved limping AK and AQ and getting Ax Kx Qx to pay all the way. you will run into more weird 2 pairs and such so you need to be prepared to play a little poker and fold when it gets too hot for one pair.

as for the hand, a lot of short stacks like to play their draws this way, with a min bet and/or and overbet allin on the turn. the fact that he minbet and called your raise pretty much rules out 77 or 76 id think. (was the six a flush card? if not maybe he had 76 plus flushdraw) if he had 66 he played pretty darn poorly. i dont think a call is bad here at all, but waiting for a better spot isn't bad esp. if you have a big stack you want to use.