PDA

View Full Version : Getting verbally abused on PP - thanks to 2+2!

45suited
05-28-2005, 01:56 AM
Table captain to my right has been criticizing everyone during the game. Blinds are 50-100. I'm short stacked (t550) in SB with ac5c. Captain, with t900 open LIMPS (which he'd been doing alot) on the button. I push, BB folds, Captain calls with A3o! I catch a 5 and win the pot. He says, "LMAO. How can you go all-in with A5 you idiot?" I resist the temptation to tell him that only an idiot would limp with A3 in his position. Later, he goes on to say, "I've played you twice before and if it wasn't for luck you'd never win."

Down to 3 handed, fairly even stacks, I push on the button with Ah5h. He calls with QJo and loses. Then he says, "LOL... so f-ing lucky again. You lucky XXXX."

I love players who don't understand the gap and who think that suited aces are lucky to hold up against qj. What I love even more is getting abused by them for being a stupid player.

Anybody have favorite comebacks for this stuff or do you just keep quiet and take their money?

pergesu
05-28-2005, 01:59 AM
Turn chat off

LeVoodoo
05-28-2005, 02:01 AM
" THX 4 TEH CHIPZ!! "

Shillx
05-28-2005, 02:01 AM
You will quickly learn that the people who talk the most trash play the worst poker. Just let them do their thing as long as it is directed at you. I would much rather have them say [censored] to me then some bad player.

Brad

mike28
05-28-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn chat off

[/ QUOTE ]

You want them to think you're an idoit.

If you're feeling nice:
Any two can win
Better lucky than good

Kindy frisky:
Only if they're suited brah
Good enough to get your chips
I can see the cards before they come out

Filmaffy:
Push any 2 holla icm 40% +EV I read books you donk

Ogre
05-28-2005, 02:06 AM
I like to say "I was ahead the whole time!" when i get abused after sucking out with something like JJvsQQ.

Karak567
05-28-2005, 02:43 AM
I just tell them my pattern mapper told me it was coming.

Or just "ty" rattles them up.

DasLeben
05-28-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome. I might add "bahah" after that for effect though.

cha59
05-28-2005, 02:54 AM
[/ QUOTE ]

You want them to think you're an idoit.

If you're feeling nice:
Any two can win
Better lucky than good

Kindy frisky:
Only if they're suited brah
Good enough to get your chips
I can see the cards before they come out

Filmaffy:

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post

mike28
05-28-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome. I might add "bahah" after that for effect though.

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect.

tech
05-28-2005, 03:11 AM
If you don't get abused in chat at least once a night, you probably aren't playing optimally. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gumpzilla
05-28-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I push, BB folds, Captain calls with A3o! I catch a 5 and win the pot. He says, "LMAO. How can you go all-in with A5 you idiot?" I resist the temptation to tell him that only an idiot would limp with A3 in his position.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's substantially more bizarre is that he apparently views A3 as a calling hand, but A5 as not a pushing hand. I guess this is that reverse gap concept that Scuba mentioned a couple of weeks ago.

pergesu
05-28-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Table captain to my right has been criticizing everyone during the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are the table captains in online games? Or just loudmouths?

Big Limpin'
05-28-2005, 03:38 AM
Its not real witty or anything, but if im in a lull in action on other tables, and have time to argue/chirp the guy, i like to say something like:

"For all the beats you and your clones put on me..."
or
"I see the poker gods hate you. Prolly cause you're ugly."

SlackerMcFly
05-28-2005, 03:56 AM
Have the nuts: "Say hello to my lil frenn" (sound like Pacino)
Lose the hand: Ask the small stack if they play the 109s because they are really good, really so much better than the guy who just pwn3d you...

Mostly Slacking

djj6835
05-28-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm pretty sure I was in this game with you. Was it a 20+2 at party? I was cracking up at that guy the entire game. I always find players like that entertaining.

Dominic
05-28-2005, 06:40 PM
I just ignore the abuser for a about 30 seconds...then I type:

I'm sorry, did you say something? I wasn't paying attention because I was stacking your chips.

stanzee
05-28-2005, 06:45 PM
I like the people who abuse. Poker can get dull at times, so i find it entertaining when someone livens up the game

Nottom
05-28-2005, 07:05 PM
From a recent SNG where I had been pushing quite a bit as the big stack, we are now heads up and I think I had pushed every hand so far (I had actually been getting pretty good hands):

tard_magnet: r u really this bad not?
nott0m: yup
tard_magnet: y do u even bother playing?
tard_magnet: how much u lose in an average month?

tard_magnet: i limp
tard_magnet: u all in right?
nott0m: I'll push
nott0m is all-In [4040]
tard_magnet folds.

As people here like to say ... if you don't get called a lucky fish at least once a night, you are probably doing somethign wrong.

Degen
05-28-2005, 07:25 PM
yet ANOTHER reason to turn the chat off.

Andre

45suited
05-29-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I was in this game with you. Was it a 20+2 at party? I was cracking up at that guy the entire game. I always find players like that entertaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Party 20+2... I play the 22's once in a while, this was one of 'em. Guys like this is why I leave the chat on, at least up until bubble time.

I'm gonna start keeping a list of comebacks that I find on this forum... The only thing I worry about with firing a smart comment back is that I don't want to get an unwanted spite call at the wrong time, so I usually stay quiet.

tjh
05-29-2005, 02:02 AM
I ask them for advice. Or I put them in my buddy list so I can find them for another game.

Things like..

"did I do something wrong ?"
"how would you play it ?"
"can I pay you for lessons ?"
"I am new at this "
"Just playin for fun "

syka16
05-29-2005, 02:24 AM
I make more an hour in rakeback than your mom does sucking off Japs in the Disneyland hotel

Newt_Buggs
05-29-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the people who abuse. Poker can get dull at times, so i find it entertaining when someone livens up the game

[/ QUOTE ]
I think its awesome when i get verbally abused, it makes the game entertaining. I usually just agree with them and tell them either how much I suck or how great they are at poker and just go from there. If i turned chat off I would be missing out on some of the great entertainment that I have gotten from these convos

on a side note, I'm feeling left out. I played some $20s today where i got verbally abused a lot and it made me realize that people don't talk sh*t much at the $50s. Anyone else noticed that?

Dallara
05-29-2005, 10:06 AM
I think I read both of these on the forum originally. If someone really starts abusing me, I like to say either
"y, you really outplayed me that hand"
or
"imagine how many of your chips I'd have if I played well"

this usually initiates another couple lines of swearing. lol.

valenzuela
05-29-2005, 11:18 AM
dont be such a wuss, just tell them " im a fish"

KingDan
05-29-2005, 11:57 AM
For me its the opposite. People think A2 is PWNING 10/J.

KJ o
05-29-2005, 01:51 PM
"Can't win if you fold"

It upsets the "pros" and I hope some other moron will actually believe it's true. (The last is probably futile, though.)

KJ o
05-29-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Filmaffy:

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse the noob, but what's "Filmaffy"?

I did get the second line, which makes me a noob-nerd. Poor me...

BradleyT
05-29-2005, 02:02 PM
Bill Fillmaff. He's been taking the poker world by storm this year, can't believe you haven't heard of him.

He's got some videos out at PlanetStacked (http://www.planetstacked.com/fillmaff/)

Edit scroll down and start with chapter 1.

KJ o
05-29-2005, 03:48 PM
Thanks. I'm in Sweden, I suppose that's why.

I had to laugh when his "signature hand" was KJo. Sounds familiar... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif