PDA

View Full Version : Huge Pot, Odd Play

Scotch78
05-28-2005, 01:13 AM
I'm new to the table, so not much for reads. BB is 79/2/58/.5- after 170 hands. UTG is a probable LAG and the button is a possible loose-passive (small samples on both).

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12.70 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds

Scott

naphand
05-28-2005, 03:36 AM
Given Buttons cold-call PF he wont fold the flop for two bets either IMO. Call UTGs bet and fold the Turn unimproved. I know you are thinking "the pot is big I want to win it now" but against a 3-cold-caller and a LAG your raise will not achieve much, and what happened was always likely. If LAG is a winning player he will have no reason to believe the flop hit you, and your raise with a weak draw is spewing.

Don't try to out-LAG the LAG with A-high, esp. with another player along for the ride and a co-ordinated board. It is not like you won't have better opportunities against UTG, you have ideal position.